ACC football

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
You're not making any rational comparison, period.

Just last month Mack was a:

Yet now when it comes time to rationalize how he will perform in season 1, all of a sudden Mack is different than Doeren because he's played in national championships, won one, is the active winningest coach in football, has 30+ years experience. So which one is he?
I’m not rationalizing anything.

You brought up Doeren’s first year.

You want to boast about Mack.

I Asked about Mack’s first years with UNC and all you want to talk about is how we’re “rationalizing” everything.

Truth is Mack sucked worse than Doeren in his first 2 years, period. UNC stayed patient with him and it paid off.

Yet, your here spewing how bad Doeren has been when your boy had the same kind of start or worse.

It’s ridiculous.

Mack has inherited better talent than State had in Doeren’s first year on paper. Plays in the weakest P5 division in football where teams lose 7 games and still win a division title.

He’s definitely set up to win more so than Doeren was in his first year.

Doeren has competed in a Division that’s been represented in the National Championship game 4 out the 6 years Doeren has been at State and won 3 of them.

Mack could coach at UNC for the next 40 years and wouldn’t experience that.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
I’m not rationalizing anything.

You brought up Doeren’s first year.

You want to boast about Mack.

I Asked about Mack’s first years with UNC and all you want to talk about is how we’re “rationalizing” everything.

Truth is Mack sucked worse than Doeren in his first 2 years, period. UNC stayed patient with him and it paid off.

Yet, your here spewing how bad Doeren has been when your boy had the same kind of start or worse.

It’s ridiculous.

Mack has inherited better talent than State had in Doeren’s first year on paper. Plays in the weakest P5 division in football where teams lose 7 games and still win a division title.

He’s definitely set up to win more so than Doeren was in his first year.

Doeren has competed in a Division that’s been represented in the National Championship game 4 out the 6 years Doeren has been at State and won 3 of them.

Mack could coach at UNC for the next 40 years and wouldn’t experience that.
And unc fanboys want to argue Roy is better than K "since Roy got to unc".

Um, that's not how comparisons work when looking at the entire body of work and putting that in proper context.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Houston says HELLO.
Unproven guy.

You can't say Doeren is on the hot seat with 18 wins the last 2 seasons yet Houston is good with no track record at this level.

Oh wait, guys make ridiculous statements around here all the time.

Carry on....

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Unproven guy.

You can't say Doeren is on the hot seat with 18 wins the last 2 seasons yet Houston is good with no track record at this level.

Oh wait, guys make ridiculous statements around here all the time.

Carry on....

exactly,
I do think he may a dead coach walking with his new boss
And you are one of the "guys" with the funny ridiculous statements.
Just stay off of baseball for a few more weeks. :)

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Um, that's not how comparisons work when looking at the entire body of work and putting that in proper context.
The entire body of work should tell us that Mack will be leap and bounds ahead of Davey, instead of a 70 year old retread who won't accomplish anything.

How many more times are you going to flip flop on this? Lol.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
The entire body of work should tell us that Mack will be leap and bounds ahead of Davey, instead of a 70 year old retread who won't accomplish anything.

How many more times are you going to flip flop on this? Lol.
Um, compare Mack's first few years at unc to Dave at State.

There's a reason why Texas fired him and he was watching college football from the ESPN studio every Saturday.

But keeping the hype up. It makes it more enjoyable when reality sets in.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Um, compare Mack's first few years at unc to Dave at State.
So a couple years is how you came to the conclusion that Dave is building a power yet Mack is a washed up TV analyst? That's what the entire body of work tells you? (Your words, not mine)

Watching you flip flop is enough to break a man's next.

Oh and by the way......BOOOOOOMMMMM!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
'iF i CaReD'......

Says the guy obsessed with reminding everyone where they did and did not attend.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Lol, and he supposedly attended 3 schools. At least my old dumb 1.42 self stuck it out at Elon and graduated. Lmao. We did not attend unc but he jumped around. You can't make this stuff up.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
So a couple years is how you came to the conclusion that Dave is building a power yet Mack is a washed up TV analyst? That's what the entire body of work tells you? (Your words, not mine)

Watching you flip flop is enough to break a man's next.

Oh and by the way......BOOOOOOMMMMM!
No.

I give up.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
No.

I give up.
The argument made no sense from the start. On one hand Mack is an old, washed up coach and TV analyst, who hasn't coached in half a decade and was ran out of his last coaching job. That was your reason to justify why HE SHOULDN'T do well.

Now he's a HOFer, national title winning coach. That was your reasoning to separate him from Doeren to justify why unlike Doeren, HE SHOULD start off well.

You're trying to play both sides of the coin to justify whichever argument you want to make on any given day.

The truth is Mack Brown is all of that. An old coach who hasn't coached in half a decade, and a HOFer who was won more games than anyone else coaching. It doesn't mean he won't do well and it doesn't mean he will. All we can do is take it in stride and RIGHT NOW Mack is doing a heckuva job at rebuilding UNC from the inside out.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I cant wait to see Vegas over/under bet lines for unc, state and ecu for the upcoming season.
And what weight they give to the coaching changes at each school.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lol, and he supposedly attended 3 schools. At least my old dumb 1.42 self stuck it out at Elon and graduated. Lmao. We did not attend unc but he jumped around. You can't make this stuff up.
What a dipshit.

I only have two degrees, but I probably have 8 transcripts....lol.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So, what’s everyone’s guess on Mack’s record in year one? Does that include the win over Clemson?

Regardless of his distant past, he’s a dipshit if he made that prediction.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
We know. But they DO have a nice asketball program. LOL

And bad assumption about 'sticking it out'. I know you're addressing DBCooper, but for example, I attended three schools (universities). I didn't 'jump around'. I earned a Bachelor of Science from the first, a Master of Science from the second, and took one class at the third that I was very interested in taking.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
So, what’s everyone’s guess on Mack’s record in year one? Does that include the win over Clemson?

Regardless of his distant past, he’s a dipshit if he made that prediction.
3-5 total wins.

I don't have a problem with coaches thinking they'll win every game. But Mack isn't beating Clemson this season. Lol

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
3-5 total wins.

I don't have a problem with coaches thinking they'll win every game. But Mack isn't beating Clemson this season. Lol

My freshman year, in a 3-game series there ....I went 0 for Clemson.

Mack may do that for the remainder of his career.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
My freshman year, in a 3-game series there ....I went 0 for Clemson.

Mack may do that for the remainder of his career.
He experienced similar results the first go around.

He started 0-4 and finished 3-6 against Clemson.

The start will be similar and doubt the finish will be anything close.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
If the Heels can just beat them for all intents and purposes, I'll be ecstatic.
If unc's kicker misses a 32 yard FG as time expires that would have won the game, you should be ecstatic.

But unc will probably get skull drug.

I'm betting the line will be unc +20 or higher.