ACC football

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
People is comparing circumstances of Doeren’s first year with Mack’s 2nd stint at UNC?

Lol, this is great.

I’ll be back shortly.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
One question before we get started.

What was Mack’s combined record at UNC in his first 2 years at UNC?

I’ll give his first 4 years at App and Tulane a pass or we can discuss those as well.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
People is comparing circumstances of Doeren’s first year with Mack’s 2nd stint at UNC?

Lol, this is great.
You're absolutely correct. Doeren wasn't out of coaching for 5 years prior coming to Raliegh. Also, Tommy O handed Davey a program that had won 24 games the previous 3 years.

You're correct. NOT. EVEN. CLOSE!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
ole ballgame coach summed up mack the first go around when he had the duke team photo made under the scoreboard in kenan. which pissed off the unc faithful. he said:

'why shouldn't we get our photo made there , hell we've won more games in kenan than brown." :ROFLMAO:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

You're trying to play both sides of the coin here. First we're not supposed to compare the 2 coaches yet here you are working your way to a comparison. On one hand, he's a HOF coach who should win a bunch of games. On the other, he's washed up retread who won't win anything. Which one is it?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
ole ballgame coach summed up mack the first go around when he had the duke team photo made under the scoreboard in kenan. which pissed off the unc faithful. he said:

'why shouldn't we get our photo made there , hell we've won more games in kenan than brown." :ROFLMAO:
Too bad he didn't stick around. :)

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
didn't DD really stink till he got in that assistant that just left him?
Yep! He didn't earn the moniker Do3r5n for nothing. 0-fer followed by 3 years of 3-5. He was absolutely on the hot seat when his hand was forced into firing his ol' buddy Canada. Then he picked up Ledford and Drinkwitz, and it saved his job.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Yep! He didn't earn the moniker Do3r5n for nothing. 0-fer followed by 3 years of 3-5. He was absolutely on the hot seat when his hand was forced into firing his ol' buddy Canada. Then he picked up Ledford and Drinkwitz, and it saved his job.
Cool story. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Did Fe ora really stink until he hired the "homerun" hire?
Fedora was forced into firing his friend Vic, brought in a great DC and rode him to the height of his success, until he lost those good hires he made earlier that saved his job.

Damn this is sounding familiar.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Fedora was forced into firing his friend Vic, brought in a great DC and rode him to the height of his success, until he lost those good hires he made earlier that saved his job.

Damn this is sounding familiar.
Except that's not exactly what happened.

But please continue.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
DD better right the ship.
Boo has his replacement waiting.
and don yall state supporters act like you don't already know this. don't waste our time denying or LMAOing. LMAO.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
DD better right the ship.
Boo has his replacement waiting.
and don yall state supporters act like you don't already know this. don't waste our time denying or LMAOing. LMAO.
Ummm... he has the 2nd most wins in the ACC over the past 2 seasons. No one is catching Clemson. I'd say he's doing just fine.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Ummm... he has the 2nd most wins in the ACC over the past 2 seasons. No one is catching Clemson. I'd say he's doing just fine.

he WAS doing fine. lotta folks not named alt don't see state doing so well now.
But you know that if you are as in tune with state athletics as you claim.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
You're trying to play both sides of the coin here. First we're not supposed to compare the 2 coaches yet here you are working your way to a comparison. On one hand, he's a HOF coach who should win a bunch of games. On the other, he's washed up retread who won't win anything. Which one is it?
I’m making the comparison of two coaches when they first got started.

Not with one that has a 25 year head start.

Answer the question.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer

I’ll give his first 4 years at App and Tulane a pass or we can discuss those as well.
So no one wants to answer?

Might want to look in the mirror before bashing a coach’s first year in a P5 school and boasting about a guy that did the exact same thing.

That’s all.

But it’s same song and dance ‘round these parts with some.

Amusing.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

And yet didn't finish 2nd in his own division in either season. Even State fans are becoming cognizant of the fact that the football program squandered it's best coaching staff and most talented roster in some time.

I know, you'll come here '9 wins and 2nd most wins, blah, blah, blah' but the reality is easy schedule, bad losses and no signature wins.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I’m making the comparison of two coaches when they first got started.

You're not making any rational comparison, period.

Just last month Mack was a:
70 year old retread TV guy who hasn't coached in 5 years that was run outta Austin
Yet now when it comes time to rationalize how he will perform in season 1, all of a sudden Mack is different than Doeren because he's played in national championships, won one, is the active winningest coach in football, has 30+ years experience. So which one is he?

Last edited: