ACC football

Thread starter #2,521
I love the spin on bowl games... If a team wins, it validates their season/record.... if they lose, well.... players sat out... and they didn't want to be there... or it doesn't matter really cuz bowl games don't mean what they used to
The bowl games are losing ground with fans quickly. Players don't give a poop why should we?
Desertions from players and coaches lead to a diluted product.

Best thing I have saw this bowl season( besides duke's comeback )is the Texas Long horn mascot going after the bulldog mascot from GA. :p

Last edited:

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The bowl games are losing ground with fans quickly. Players don't give a poop why should we?
Desertions from players and fans lead to a diluted product.

Best thing I have saw this bowl season( besides duke's comeback )is the Texas Long horn mascot going after the bulldog mascot from GA. :p
I wasn't impressed by any of the bowl games that I watched either.

This was pretty fitting yesterday in Winter Classic after ND's performance Saturday.

I love the spin on bowl games... If a team wins, it validates their season/record.... if they lose, well.... players sat out... and they didn't want to be there... or it doesn't matter really cuz bowl games don't mean what they used to
No spin from me.

My views on bowls, outside of the CFP, have changed. With guys now sitting out, the outcomes of these games aren't valued in my mind. If State would have won, I'd feel the same way. The bowl game achieved by winning 9 games is where the value is. That was earned with a full roster of eligible players.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Desertions from players and fans lead to a diluted product.

Changes will happen.

I can see both sides of the argument... players don't want to get injured in a meaningless bowl game.

I think the school should require payback of their scholarship money if the player skips the bowl game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Have any of you guys talked to anyone that has played in a bowl game that thinks it's meaningless? I didn't think so. They matter, and are very valuable to the program. It's another week or two of practice, something coaches value tremendously.

Have any of you guys talked to anyone that has played in a bowl game that thinks it's meaningless? I didn't think so. They matter, and are very valuable to the program. It's another week or two of practice, something coaches value tremendously.
I had a buddy that played at Coastal and he said the same thing...the biggest benefit was the couple extra weeks of practice.