ACC football

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I love the spin on bowl games... If a team wins, it validates their season/record.... if they lose, well.... players sat out... and they didn't want to be there... or it doesn't matter really cuz bowl games don't mean what they used to
The bowl games are losing ground with fans quickly. Players don't give a poop why should we?
Desertions from players and coaches lead to a diluted product.

Best thing I have saw this bowl season( besides duke's comeback )is the Texas Long horn mascot going after the bulldog mascot from GA. :p

Last edited:

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The bowl games are losing ground with fans quickly. Players don't give a poop why should we?
Desertions from players and fans lead to a diluted product.

Best thing I have saw this bowl season( besides duke's comeback )is the Texas Long horn mascot going after the bulldog mascot from GA. :p
I wasn't impressed by any of the bowl games that I watched either.

This was pretty fitting yesterday in Winter Classic after ND's performance Saturday.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
I love the spin on bowl games... If a team wins, it validates their season/record.... if they lose, well.... players sat out... and they didn't want to be there... or it doesn't matter really cuz bowl games don't mean what they used to
No spin from me.

My views on bowls, outside of the CFP, have changed. With guys now sitting out, the outcomes of these games aren't valued in my mind. If State would have won, I'd feel the same way. The bowl game achieved by winning 9 games is where the value is. That was earned with a full roster of eligible players.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Desertions from players and fans lead to a diluted product.

Changes will happen.

I can see both sides of the argument... players don't want to get injured in a meaningless bowl game.

I think the school should require payback of their scholarship money if the player skips the bowl game.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
the easy fix is dumping about 2/3rds of these absolute crap bowls and then it would mean something to play in one.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Have any of you guys talked to anyone that has played in a bowl game that thinks it's meaningless? I didn't think so. They matter, and are very valuable to the program. It's another week or two of practice, something coaches value tremendously.

23mako

Ten Pointer
Have any of you guys talked to anyone that has played in a bowl game that thinks it's meaningless? I didn't think so. They matter, and are very valuable to the program. It's another week or two of practice, something coaches value tremendously.
I had a buddy that played at Coastal and he said the same thing...the biggest benefit was the couple extra weeks of practice.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Howell, a UNC QB commit is looking good in the all American game today. I think he could possibly start next year.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well a game with ND is just like a bowl for most ACC teams. thus a layoff to prepare.
SOS in the acc stands for same ole..... acc teams need to get to 6 any way they can, keeps coaches in a job.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Chazz done BEEFED up, will be playing OLB this year.
Guy was a horrible QB. Comically bad. I don't think he had a choice. He probably should be transferring down a level to get PT.

He's 215 lbs. Lol. He'll go from getting trucked by LB's to getting trucked by RB's.

Unc is making the switch to a 3-4 and will have a 215 lb OLB. This could be fun to watch.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
In football when you switch positions you typically in the off season workout to gain weight or lose weight to better fit the position your trying to play. Just an FYI guys .

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
In football when you switch positions you typically in the off season workout to gain weight or lose weight to better fit the position your trying to play. Just an FYI guys .
Of course.

But this move should have happened last season. To be the "Gatorade POY" in NC, he's certainly not lived up to that.

I'm thinking he'll suck as a LB, too.

Rubline

Eight Pointer
I don't think you can develop into a decent LB in 8 months, if he plays at all this coming Fall it will be in the blue/white game.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Quran Sturdivant and Bruce Carter were qb's in high school that ended up being great LB's at UNC and made it to the NFL . Without a doubt it took more than 8 months to get that good. IMO that's a position where the Heels need somebody to step up. Personally I'm pulling for Chazz and hoping he can use his knowledge of offense and great athleticism to succeed.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Quran Sturdivant and Bruce Carter were qb's in high school that ended up being great LB's at UNC and made it to the NFL . Without a doubt it took more than 8 months to get that good. IMO that's a position where the Heels need somebody to step up. Personally I'm pulling for Chazz and hoping he can use his knowledge of offense and great athleticism to succeed.
Neither of those players spent time at QB at unc. They're weren't recruited as QB's.

Chazz is very undersized. Both Carter and Sturdivant came into unc much bigger than him.

Doubtful Chazz ever amounts to anything in college. Was overvalued coming out of high school.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Undersized? Lol have you seen him lately? Not saying or implying he's gonna see any time , just hoping there is positive change at that position for the Heels. They need it in a bad way.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Undersized? Lol have you seen him lately? Not saying or implying he's gonna see any time , just hoping there is positive change at that position for the Heels. They need it in a bad way.
Roster has him at 215lb. That's undersized.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Roster has him at 215lb. That's undersized.

Those numbers are from last summer. You let me know when you've seen a guy look this big on a 6'3 frame and only weigh 215lbs.

I'll bet money that when the new measurements come out he's at minimum 225lbs.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
How do you know that? Based on when it was posted to Twitter?
Well, yea why would I not? Besides, he's wearing the new workout uniforms that Mack Brown brought in for winter workouts, so that's been in the last month and half at most.

You can speculate on weight, but I'll go by the roster number until its updated.
That's exactly what we're saying you should do rather than use a roster that still has him listed at QB.