ACC football

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
How can 8-9 wins in a conference as bad as the acc be considered "successful"?

Im ok with 9 wins if the losses are to Clemson, and 2 ooc MAJOR top 25 teams. But WF?

How can 2 offensive starters and 1 D sitting out be blamed for tamu putting up over 50 points???

How can anyone be excited about next year?

I expect a good ACC team to only be challenged/defeated by Clemson and potentially one of those Cinderella stories, and one STRONG ooc opponent (top 15) . Wake Forest should not be even close.

Looking at everything wrong with state, imho, it's an ugly scenario. The better parts of them have left or are leaving, the worst parts of them are either being promoted or staying.

I don't "settle" for mediocre". I despise that in fact. If you can't beat Cuse and WF, then you are part of the ACC rubbish.

And to need OT for lil unc?!?!?!? Dude, This was NOT a successful year for that program . 9 is just a number. so is 7. Which is the type of bowl game they belonged in.

STOP playing Furman and JM! One thing I liked about O'Cain (no idea if it was in his power or not) but State played ooc games against some VERY good teams, and won some and threatened the national hopes of others!

But now? All we want is "9 wins baby". Shoot, Catawba could probably do that in this ACC.

No desperation from the heels fans . We have Hall of Fame Coaches in BB and FB. I hear desperation from lots of my state friends as they know Mack is going to have the Heels Back. Unc stock is rising. States is stock is crashing. Bank on it.

No different than saying Mack is a washed up grandpa.

UNC or anyone for that matter, is not scared of a program that can't beat WF on a consistent basis and who gets humiliated against anyone with a pulse. For all the talk about the Baylor game, that was still just an 11pt game in which UNC gave up 49. Your Pack just gave up 52 in a 39pt loss. The only thing DD is building is false hope for Pack fans. 2 years with the best roster DD could realistically ask for and he couldn't still couldn't surpass Fedora's win totals for '15 and '16, nor did this recruiting class even surpass Larry's '17 class. I get the hope but to think you shouldn't be worried, especially without Drinkwitz, is setting yourself up for disappointment. Been there done that.
So.....State will be bad next year because that's what happened to UNC?

Again...Are there any wagers on which team wins more next year?

No desperation from the heels fans . We have Hall of Fame Coaches in BB and FB. I hear desperation from lots of my state friends as they know Mack is going to have the Heels Back. Unc stock is rising. States is stock is crashing. Bank on it.
Of course UNC stock is rising. They just won two freaking games! LOL!

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mack is right....
Dave Dorian gonna need a miracle this year if he thinks he can have a better season than last year. Mack Brown gonna take him to school I am afraid.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
So.....State will be bad next year because that's what happened to UNC?
No, because that's generally how every team ends up, in that scenario.

There's a pretty set standard on how teams perform after losing their best X's and O's coaches, and nearly all of their offensive firepower and experience.

Swing away at your wager.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Heels have a very tough schedule next year.. Ive already heard Mack and his elite squad of recruiters have been mending relations with high schools all over NC.

Last edited:

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
About the bowl game,,,, I thought State looked like they were gonna win for the most of the first half. Do you guys think that A&M had the deeper roster? IMO States 1's were beating A&M's 1's until subbing took place...

bryguy

Twelve Pointer
I am a state fan through and through. I don’t like DD. I think he is arrogant and comes across as a huge prick to me. I also realize that State will never be a contender for anything with him as the coach. I lurk a lot here and read the stuff that the state homers post and the Carolina homers post and it makes for good reading. But despite what both group of homers think, neither will ever be anything other then mediocre in football. I don’t judge the 9 win season by NC state as a success due to the fact that several of their out of conference wins were garbage. If you have NFL level talent (which DD has no doubt) and the best you can do is what we have seen from ole Davey the last couple of years, then speaks volume about him as a coach to me. I am sure that the state homers will flame me, but I don’t wear the rose colored glasses that they have.
As to Mack Brown, you Carolina fans are going to be somewhat disappointed in him. He will get the program out of the ditch, but he will not get them to national prominence in football like he did at Texas. Just ain’t going to happen. Flame away homers.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats BS and you know it. article even says "no rules broken" Evidently YOU DID NOT READ IT LOL. Roy did not break any rules bt keep on with the hating . Heels Rule!

A&M Just scored again!

Try again...surely that 142 comprehends the first paragraph
If he's got a 142, I've got 500 ac of ocean front property in Arizona to sell.

Unc and their fans will continue to get ridiculed because they did cheat and got away with it...on a ludicrous hole in the rule books.

The funny part is these clowns will try and say "Keatts is a cheater because he was at Louisville".

Its almost like they enjoy being the board clowns. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thread starter #2,509
If he's got a 142, I've got 500 ac of ocean front property in Arizona to sell.

Unc and their fans will continue to get ridiculed because they did cheat and got away with it...on a ludicrous hole in the rule books.

The funny part is these clowns will try and say "Keatts is a cheater because he was at Louisville".

Its almost like they enjoy being the board clowns. Lol

he is a cheater or a dumb ass for not knowing.
I'm going with cheater. :ROFLMAO:
Nice deflection though BBD- let's rehash unc's cheating versus nscu's playing.

Last edited:

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
A&M is paying Jimbo $7.5M per year to coach football. That's $20,547.95 per DAY. If they lost the Gator Bowl to a middle-of-the-pack ACC team, there would have been issues.

TAMU took this game very seriously, was battle-hardened from an SEC West schedule, and simply had better players all over the field...

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Shouldn't you try and comprehend it? Nowhere did it state that the University established and operated these courses as an attempt to gain competitive advantage. It simply said they are guilty of having them.

Try again.

Shouldn't you try and comprehend it? Nowhere did it state that the University established and operated these courses as an attempt to gain competitive advantage. It simply said they are guilty of having them.

Try again.
alt, you didn’t go to unc...tell us about the high school playoffs

Try again.
Lol.

So unc didn't allow athletes to take fake courses to remain eligible?

That's the pure definition of gaining a competitive advantage.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Lol.

So unc didn't allow athletes to take fake courses to remain eligible?

That's the pure definition of gaining a competitive advantage.
You should read the NCAA rule. It clearly defines what is and what isn't, and clearly defines that this wasn't a loophole. I've posted it many times.

1546437329946.png

And there is No difference between Keatts and Roy being accused of cheating just because he was there when the fake classes were available. You can't have it both ways. So, your guy gets off the hook in public opinion buy Roy doesn't? Lmao , you can't make this stuff up. We may need to get your IQ checked.

Thread starter #2,519
Nice deflection to get this about unc cheatin vesus ncsu playing football.
Funny how that works here.
is that all that state true fans have? Is that supposed to shut up any converstaion about an actual game? :ROFLMAO:
That's kinda sad.

Crappie_Hunter

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I love the spin on bowl games... If a team wins, it validates their season/record.... if they lose, well.... players sat out... and they didn't want to be there... or it doesn't matter really cuz bowl games don't mean what they used to