ACC football

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
No on Bryant.

No on Kingsbury.

No on CHeatzik more than likely.
And? Lol. There are so many quality coaches out there right now, I'm not worried about the ones that didn't come. As long as we don't hire Huxtable, I'll be happy.

As for Bryant, he was in no way a dire need at this point. UNC has 2 QB's, Larry simply didn't know how to manage them. Fortin and Ruder both were 20x better than Elliott.

Brown also tried to flip a couple of State commits and got a "thanks but no thanks" from those recruits.
Mack isn't a one week miracle worker. Lol. Not being able to flip long time State commits, after just one week on the job, and only a few weeks before signing day, tells us absolutely nothing about Mack's recruiting prowess. I'm surprised they even gave him the time of day!

Brown is also going deep on Sam Howell, a 4 star QB out of Sun Valley. He's been an FSU commit forever, but has recently wavered due to coaching instability at FSU and his OC, Walt Bell, leaving and taking another job. The stars are aligning up for him to flip, so let's see if Mack can close the deal.

Edit to add: If Howell doesn't flip, unc will have exactly ONE recruit in the 2019 class in the top 50 of NC.

That's a huge gap on the roster that will take years to recover.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Rumors of UNC leading the charge for both Emery Simmons and Howell. If that pans out, those would be flips from FSU and Penn State. Even getting them on campus for another OV is going to be huge but yea, obviously Mack is struggling on the recruiting trail. :)

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
There hasn't been a quarterback sighting in chapel hill for several years now.
It's been two years straight of rotating qb' s with no success.
Actaully there was big success this year, the 2 were simply bitten by the Larry curse and ended up being carted off the field. Getting that walking VooDoo doll out of town is the best thing UNC football has done in 3 years.

Actaully there was big success this year, the 2 were simply bitten by the Larry curse and ended up being carted off the field. Getting that walking VooDoo doll out of town is the best thing UNC football has done in 3 years.
I don't see a 2 win season as a big success but I'm not a heel fan either, maybe things are judged differently over on the hill.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I don't see a 2 win season as a big success but I'm not a heel fan either, maybe things are judged differently over on the hill.
Who mentioned a 2 win season? I directly responded to the QB comment. UNC had only a few bright spots this season and 2 of those were the play of Fortin and Ruder before they got hurt. Both of them are able to redshirt as well.

The issue wasn't that there weren't talented QB's on the roster, it's that Fedora had an antiquated view of how to deal with Freshmen. It bit him in the arse once everyone realized they were both much more talented than Elliott ever dreamed of being.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Apparently Graham Harrell showed good judgement and turned down the OC position at UNC this afternoon.

I wonder who will find an OC first....UNC or UT?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So...Inside Carolina says he's coming and Bruce Feldman says he's not. I suppose it would be somewhat of a step up from North Texas...but the stink....

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
So...Inside Carolina says he's coming and Bruce Feldman says he's not. I suppose it would be somewhat of a step up from North Texas...but the stink....
IC rescinded the story. There's no good source on whether he was even offered, which of course would have to happen before one could turn it down.

3 days ago the Notre Dame 247 writer was on IC saying that he had it on a good source that Mike Sanford was going to be the next OC in Chapel Hill. So as of right now, there is absolutely credible leads on who was offered the job.

IC rescinded the story. There's no good source on whether he was even offered, which of course would have to happen before one could turn it down.

3 days ago the Notre Dame 247 writer was on IC saying that he had it on a good source that Mike Sanford was going to be the next OC in Chapel Hill. So as of right now, there is absolutely credible leads on who was offered the job.
LMAO.

So IC just post to post and people pay for that?

They don’t have good sources?

Lol. Keep spinning.

It will be EPIC if IC reports the Graham Harrell hire, then it turns out he stays at North Texas.

Same for Bateman.

IC reported both hires.... let's see what happens.

Oh, the circus continues in CH.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk