ACC football

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Thread starter #1
anyone else think LVILLE handles clemson this weekend? they got fsu last year at home, and jackson sure looks good against weak defenses,can he do anything with clemson?

Still skeptical of duke beating baylor. sure hope it happens.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
anyone else think LVILLE handles clemson this weekend? they got fsu last year at home, and jackson sure looks good against weak defenses,can he do anything with clemson?

No, I think Clemson wins that game. Interesting that Clemson is favored by 3 at Louisville.

Louisville's OL is very average and Clemson's DL is very, very good. That's where the game will be decided.

Clemson held Auburn to 117 TOTAL yards. That's domination.

That will be the difference.

Clemson has an elite defense.

Louisville has problems across the board. Oline, defense....

Clemson by 2TD's

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
No, I think Clemson wins that game. Interesting that Clemson is favored by 3 at Louisville.

Louisville's OL is very average and Clemson's DL is very, very good. That's where the game will be decided.

Clemson held Auburn to 117 TOTAL yards. That's domination.
Totally agree. Although LJ looked like super man against a dismal UNC defense, he's not that accurate. You have to make NFL caliber throws to beat Clemson. I don't think they have a chance and likely LJ turns it over trying to force the issue. Either way, the Louisville defense can't stop Clemson, so I like Clemson in a shootout as well.

Last edited:
Clemsons QB looks almost as good as Watson! Or, will be with playing time. Clemson D will keep Lville to ~25pts and Clemson will score ~35.

I'm sad Francois got hurt for my FSU team; the ACC had some elite QBs coming into this season.

You lose all credibility (what little you have left) when you say Jackson is overrated.

What is he overrated on?

Would love to hear this answer.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
yep, about what I thought. LJ is good but overrated. Clemson's Qb is the real deal.
My god.... dumber gets even dumber.

Louisville getting mopped up on their home field had nothing to do with LJ. When you have a bad OL, have no rushing attack, your receivers can't get open.... doesn't matter who is the QB.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
LJ is a special talent, but he lacks NFL accuracy, but he isn't overrated. He's he best athlete in college football. He just went up against a NFL caliber defensive front with a shabby OL.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
LOL ... I had a few unc 'hopefuls' try to tell me how it would be a close game. I'm sure it was to save face for the unc loss a couple weeks ago. Funny stuff.

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
^lol....can you imagine how bad Clemson would beat chapel hill? It's a good thing chapel hill gets to hide in the D division of the ACC.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
He may be the best QB THIS year (but maybe not) but he should not have been the Heisman winner last year. Deshaun Watson was the BEST QB last year and that is what I mean by overrated. There is no way LJ should have beaten out Watson..... Lamar and Heisman equal OVERRATED

so who would yall rather have on you team last year???? Deshaun or Lamar. no Junior , Freshman stuff but LAST YEAR ..if you say Lamar then you are an idiot.

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson will be the National Champion again this year. mark it down. I knew they would bury Lamar. Lamar is a very very good QB , but he is overrated. Doesnt make him a bad QB , he is still very good but look at some of his interceptions and he can not get over the last bad play. Overrated doesnt make him bad.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
You lose all credibility (what little you have left) when you say Jackson is overrated.

What is he overrated on?

Would love to hear this answer.

See above post. Heisman and Lamar Last year equal OVERATED. 2nd or 3rd place is where he should have been. now second or 3rd a very high achievement but that is where he should have been. Do you think he was better than Deshaun?????

Thread starter #20
Clemson will be the National Champion again this year. mark it down. I knew they would bury Lamar. Lamar is a very very good QB , but he is overrated. Doesnt make him a bad QB , he is still very good but look at some of his interceptions and he can not get over the last bad play. Overrated doesnt make him bad.
nope, they lose in raleigh. clemson gets payback from the pack.

key phrase in last night's game:
"jackson admitted they quit the last three games last year."

he is remarkable when things are going good. adversity does not suit him.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
nope, they lose in raleigh. clemson gets payback from the pack.

key phrase in last night's game:
"jackson admitted they quit the last three games last year."

he is remarkable when things are going good. adversity does not suit him.
Watson thrived on adversity. Watson was underrated last year and Lamar Over rated.

and no way State beats Clemson this year. Aint happening.

Last edited:

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Watson thrived on adversity. Watson was underrated last year and Lamar Over rated.

and no way State beats Clemson this year. Aint happening.
I'm not saying State beats Clemson this year. I would never completely count them out at home, though. Carter-Finley is where championship hopes come to die...

Thread starter #23
how about Duke and Wake? Three and 0. probably the first time in modern history both have started that well.

unc bursts duke's bubble saturday, not sure on wake. they may be able to beat boone.

Thread starter #27
duke 2.5 pt favorites over unc, bet the house spoon. :) your boys win outright.

state 12.5 underdogs to fsu. another bet the house. take state.

Last edited: