ACC basketball covid version

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
With the tourney format and the uncertainty of players being out it'll be a year for sleepers.
Just a little imagination can get you to another year without a tourney at all.
bidens handlers may shut it down.

Reactions: dpc

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I have been guilty of saying this before but I really feel like if it’s ever going to be Gonzaga’s year then this is it. All of the blue bloods are down. I think it’s gonna be another year of midmajors going deep in the tournament(if we have one). It should be an exciting tournament to watch.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
That same model was going to miss the tournament, entirely, last year. It might miss this year’s.

Can’t be on top of the world every single year. No coach in history aside from John wooden has ever done that. And Roy has only had a select few one and dones. He doesn’t recruit like that for the most part. Over the last 17 years he has made as much out of 4 star players than anyone. Look at the last title team. I don’t think there was an all American in the bunch.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I have been guilty of saying this before but I really feel like if it’s ever going to be Gonzaga’s year then this is it. All of the blue bloods are down. I think it’s gonna be another year of midmajors going deep in the tournament(if we have one). It should be an exciting tournament to watch.
I wanna agree on them but dang if they can't blow it but it does seem like their best shot

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
All things considered.... Hard to imagine it isn't 15 in last 15 years. 3 seems like a terrible mismanagement of resources.

That’s just a testament to how hard it is to win a national championship in college basketball. Winning 6 games in a row against the nations top talent is the hardest thing to do in all of college sports. Think about all the great coaches that only won one or didn’t ever win one. It’s a long list. Unc failed to make the tournament in 2010 after a barrage of transfers and graduating players. Kentucky went a year without making the tournament. Duke may not make it this year, and unless Kentucky wins the sec tournament they are not going. Michigan state may not make it as well. It happens to the best of them. In the last 15 years there are 3 other years that Carolina had a legitimate shot to cut down the nets and the same can be said for a ton of other teams that didn’t even win a title during that time. The longevity of success by coaches like K and Roy is just so impressive that when they have an off year it’s like the world is ending.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'll take baylor over Few. Seeing them again last night beating another good team makes me think that should they meet gonzaga they would win.
Good game as well last night in the pac 12 of all places. Usc and Stanford. Da silva for stanford and the Mobley brothers at USC made for fine entertainment. Much better than acc viewing.

IT is a shame that duke and unc will play and neither is ranked by the roy/GOAT biased poll.
Both showed they deserved that lack of ranking this week,.
K is outwardly negative on his team after the debacle in Miami so maybe that works to motivate Duke when the heels show up saturday. Or not. :)

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Heard this will the first time in 61 years where UNC and Duke will play and both be unranked.... incredible the success both programs have had. Jay Bilas said this morning that both teams are just "good" not elite or even really good, yet that's what we expect from these 2. I suspect it won't last more than this year, both coaches are way to competitive and the talent on their rosters are too good.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I'll take baylor over Few. Seeing them again last night beating another good team makes me think that should they meet gonzaga they would win.
Good game as well last night in the pac 12 of all places. Usc and Stanford. Da silva for stanford and the Mobley brothers at USC made for fine entertainment. Much better than acc viewing.

IT is a shame that duke and unc will play and neither is ranked by the roy/GOAT biased poll.
Both showed they deserved that lack of ranking this week,.
K is outwardly negative on his team after the debacle in Miami so maybe that works to motivate Duke when the heels show up saturday. Or not. :)

Both losses by both teams was just embarrassing. A lot of times during Norma years where both teams are good they may get caught looking ahead and lose the game before their first matchup but good gosh.....not the way they both did this week. Just pathetic. It is crazy though that it’s been that long since they’ve both met unranked. I also think it’s crazy they’ve never met in the tournament as well.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Both losses by both teams was just embarrassing. A lot of times during Norma years where both teams are good they may get caught looking ahead and lose the game before their first matchup but good gosh.....not the way they both did this week. Just pathetic. It is crazy though that it’s been that long since they’ve both met unranked. I also think it’s crazy they’ve never met in the tournament as well.
they might would have met in the post season this year if they were going to have the NIT. :)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
wow all it took was a win over duke and presto unc on franklin becomes a super spreader event.
maybe they are not all so snowflakey. :)
Players sure arent since they got caught having a good time. Thus no game tonight.
Wonder if they pay Miami's cost of getting up here?

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
wow all it took was a win over duke and presto unc on franklin becomes a super spreader event.
Players sure arent since they got caught having a good time. Thus no game tonight.
Dabo wanted to be reimbursed for expenses at one of the Florida schools when the game was canceled after Clemson had arrived.
Never heard if they got payed or not.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

Yeah dumb move by those guys. I mean I think the whole mask thing is absurd and it’s dumb because they were with their suite mate who they’re around all the time. But, gotta be smarter than that during a day and time where everyone will see everything you do due to social media and everyone having a camera on all the time.