A5 or versamax?

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
A5 is a Benelli (feels like one, shoots like one, and kicks like one)......yet points/aims better than any gun on the market IMO

Not a fan of the Versamax and it's reputation

I shoot a Maxus. .....and wouldn't trade it for either of the 2 you are asking about.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I dont like the versamax. Mainly because of the weight of it. The A5 is what I would go with for sure. I've shot the maxus and it is a sweet gun too.

dmg

Four Pointer
I have an A5 and don't have anything bad to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

labman63

Ten Pointer
I have a versa max that killed 144 birds last year and not one problem. I sold my SX3 and got it because of the low recoil because I had two shoulder surgeries. All the hype is true. A 3 in # 2 feels like a 20 ga. If you want to shoot it come by one day.

raysbucktail

Four Pointer
I have a Maxus and a Versa Max. I like the Versa Max over the Maxus. They are both fine guns. The Versa Max has the lightest recoil of the two. I also have 1983 A-5 magnum that I love to duck hunt with. I grew up shooting Brownings and will get the new A5 soon. The Brownings just point better. As I get older I enjoy the lighter recoil..

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Versa Max is going to have less felt recoil, it weighs a pound more. My bro has an A5 and he loves the weight and how it points. I like it a lot myself. I have the Maxus and think its the best autoloader out there.(no bias,lol) Seriously just find a way to shoot a bunch of different autoloaders and see which one is best for you. I wouldn't limit myself to just those two fine choices, lots of sweet shooters out there.

Last edited:

ditchbank

Banned
Versa has less recoil than both the A5 and Maxus put together. A5 points the best and feels the best to me. And when a gun does that, I tend to shoot it better. But as far as recoil, I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference if I hadn't used one of each while skeet shooting. Shooting at live game, honestly, I never feel the recoil of any gun.

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Thanks guys! I checked out an A5 today and loved the feel of it! I'm goin to check out the versamax soon, and prolly look at a few different guns.

ditchbank

Banned
^^^^ the feel of a gun to me, is the most important thing. About like the feel of a bow.

Last edited:

bgbuckdwn

I haven't fired the new A5 but have a good friend with the versamax. I personally don't like the versamax. It's heavier than my benelli and kicks harder too but it's given him no issues so far and he uses it often. I say you can't go wrong with either. find the shotgun that you like the best and don't look back.

MCJ1980

Ten Pointer
I've got a 3-1/2" A5 that I absolutely love! I shot both the versamax and the A5 before I purchased my A5. The browning just points so much better than the versamax. That was the deciding factor for me. I love the extra long sight plane on the browning. The turn key magazine plug is a plus, and 100,000 round or 5 year warranty is pretty stout. But both are great guns. Bottom line try to find a way to not just hold them buy actually shoot them. Then make your choice.

TeamLockedUP

Shot both I would say A5 because of the stock and being able to get down on the gun better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk