A Snow Train

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
12150231.jpg I set this camera back in November to catch deer coming to a scrape which is there under a holly tree- no bait. I got busy, intending to pull my cameras off of that property in January. We had a little snow a few days ago and I'm very glad that I left the camera to catch a bit of the rare white stuff. Catching these boys all lined up wasn't bad either.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
View attachment 41104 I set this camera back in November to catch deer coming to a scrape which is there under a holly tree- no bait. I got busy, intending to pull my cameras off of that property in January. We had a little snow a few days ago and I'm very glad that I left the camera to catch a bit of the rare white stuff. Catching these boys all lined up wasn't bad either.
Now Aaron, you going to have to have a pardner....can't shoot but 2 and I see 4 beards.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Now Aaron, you going to have to have a pardner....can't shoot but 2 and I see 4 beards.
This place has always been something of a gobbler desert in the spring. I've hunted some there for turkeys each year but the only bird that I ever called up was a jake- let him walk away. It's a small place that has worked fairly well for deer but the turkeys have mostly not been there when I need them..... still, this year could be different. Last Spring I got permission on a larger place that borders it and killed a fine mature bird. The landowner took away my permit after that. I think he was fine with me hunting but I took a buck and the gobbler so I guess he figured I had my turn. I'm OK with that- he was nice enough to let me hunt some and I sure enjoyed it.