A Hybrid Kinda Day

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Heard from several reports that the Hybrids and Stripers were pretty active in several of the local rivers so I went today to a spot in Alamance co where I used to catch alot of them. Fished from 3 -Dark. Caught aprox 10 from 4 1/2 or so to
All of them made good strong runs

They hit several luresone that may have pushed 7 lbs. Can't post the 7 as the pump station in the background may give the location away.
Water Temp 70 degrees.

1. 4 inch Gotcha Curlytail with Flake on a 3/8 Gotcha Chartresue head. This is what the bigger one Hit.

2. Black Chug Bug with red mouth. caught a couple on this one and lost a really big one on it.

3. Booyah 3/8 oz Chartreuse/White Spinnerbait with the pink tubing on trailer hook. This was the top producer.

Hybrids are kinda like Smallies in that they luv Chartreuse.

Boat Used today was my OT 158 as my Fishing partner was "Pete" and thus i need the bigger boat.

DSCF2892.jpgDSCF2889.jpgDSCF2895.jpgDSCF2900.jpg

Last edited:

Crappie man

Six Pointer
Those hybrids bring back some good memories.Wish they were still in Jordan.Very nice,know that was a ball !

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
How deep is water? Never seen debris hung on dam like that. Looks dangerous!

Trash piles on dams are usually settled in for the long haul. The logs and such have settled on the bottom, sticks and such have intertwined and it is there to stay. They do how ever make for a great place to catch some nice bass, bream or cats.

Nice ones Mack

yardbat

Button Buck
10-4 on debris...What's the deal with hybrids anyway. I thought they stopped stocking them altogether.