A good bible study guide book??

klim

Twelve Pointer
I’m sure this has been brought up before, I did a search through the threads, but didn’t find anything. Can any of you guys or gals recommend a good study guide for the Bible? A Dummies guide to learning the Bible so to speak.

dces175

Four Pointer
Take a look at the Serendipity Bible. It is made for personal or group study. You can’t get a new one any more but Amazon has used ones. It has built in study questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
How To Read the Bible For All Its Worth is a good one. Its been around for a while but has been updated. It will help you understand how to interpret difficult passages and theological concepts. May be a bit deep at parts but its kind of a bridge between layman and seminary students.

One of the co authors was fill in minister at my church years ago.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree with the study Bible. As you are reading, and questions about the content arise, you can immediately drop down and read the commentary to get a proper understanding. For passages where there are varying interpretations, it will usually present the multiple views.

For more topical study or in depth doctrine, 2 of the most widely used are Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology and John MacArthur/Mayhue’s Biblical Doctrine.

billyf

Six Pointer
You asked for a study guide, but let me recommend a better method for studying the Bible. What you need is a Bible teacher. God has given us teachers just as he has given us preachers. Buy a study bible that you can write in (I use David Jeremiah's NIV study bible) just as if you were in any other class. I recommend Les Feldick as a great Bible teacher. He has close to 1000 - 30 min lessons from the beginning of the bible to the end. Its online and its free. You will understand the Bible much better if you put the time into these classes.....

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Check to see if there is a Bible Study Fellowship group that meets in your city. https://www.bsfinternational.org/map

BSF will change your life and give you a proper understanding of the power of scripture. Once you get a good foundation and understanding of scripture watch The Time of Noah. It is an Apologetic and Eschatology study combined in a four part series. It is currently on Prime. You could watch part one now.

witler

Eight Pointer
You asked for a study guide, but let me recommend a better method for studying the Bible. What you need is a Bible teacher. God has given us teachers just as he has given us preachers. Buy a study bible that you can write in (I use David Jeremiah's NIV study bible) just as if you were in any other class. I recommend Les Feldick as a great Bible teacher. He has close to 1000 - 30 min lessons from the beginning of the bible to the end. Its online and its free. You will understand the Bible much better if you put the time into these classes.....

I agree, Les Feldick has taught my wife and myself more about the scriptures than a lifetime of Sunday morning worship.
Check your cable schedule, he airs at different times in different areas. He also has videos on YouTube, just search Les Feldick. No commercials, No gimmicks and No please send money.

This is not preaching, true Bible Study, hope you enjoy and learn.