• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

A First

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I learned to turkey hunt in southeastern NC. Mostly flat land and pine trees. Hunting areas with a lot of topography and big hardwoods has added new challenges. At my age new challenges are a little harder to overcome than they used to be. I have spent a lot of time watching The Hunting Public and Catman on you tube. They have shortened the learning curve for a flatlander learning about "them hills". This bird is not a giant, 10" beard and 1" spurs, but he is a mature gobbler and he did come from public land. A truly classic hunt. He gobbled at my owl hoot and responded to the call. Not the hottest gobbler I have ever been on but enough to stay on him. He came the last 100 yards or so quiet. Also my first kill with a Browning BPS 20 gauge I had bought my daughter. She quickly moved on to a Benelli M2 so now I have a dedicated turkey gun.

Attachments

Helium

Twelve Pointer
Nothing like hunting Loud mouthed Easterns in the hills and hollers of Nc and Va mountains

congrats!!

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I moved here from Florida in 2016. Talk about having to learn all over again. I've fallen in love with trying to figure out these hills and hollers. I get schooled regularly but when I can figure one out in the mountains it just feels more special.