A few backyard bucks (Card pull)

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What is going on with the big one? Looks like something funky going on with his left side. But that's one worth spending some time on.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
What is going on with the big one? Looks like something funky going on with his left side. But that's one worth spending some time on.
I counted atleast 12 points but he is definatly a non typical. He looks atleast 5 years old. Hopefully I will find out when the time is right. I think he might have 3 main beams.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A pretty good "backyard" I'd say. Yea, I'd be real interested in that biggest buck.

Reactions: DRS

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Yes I will hunt him when I start getting some day pics. I am pretty patient. Got a good pic the last card pull. I hung a stand earlier in the week. I shot a small 10 point back there a few years ago.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like to ensure he doesn’t go further downhill, you need some additional folks to help

I know a guy😂

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
The rut will hit soon and he will be more apt to walk in the daylight...now just to be in the right place at the right time.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
If he’s really in the back yard you might try feeding at night to bump him onto feeding during the daylight.

Where do you think he’s bedding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
He is bedding on another property. Passes through mine feeding on acorns about 4 nights a week. Hoping when the rut kicks in I will get some daylight pics. Three years lots of pics all at night. I have a locon 20yds from this camera! He always comes from the north.

Last edited:

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Yea. Sounds like my backyard.

So many acorns the yellow gold hasn’t help me re direct any movement too much.
Tough year for small parcels with awesome neighboring food.

Good luck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Sad day today. Heard someone shot him 4 miles away on Ft Bragg today at 4:30. Waiting on confirmation photos..........last pic I got was on the 11th.
20201114_193728.jpg