A damn shame....

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
A buddy and I went to Badin last night to do a little catfishing. We caught a few channels and that was cool but I just cant believe what people will do to such a great place. We hike in to where we fish and when we got there the amount of trash and stuff left behind really disappoints me. I mean, in a 50' stretch of river bank, there were seriously a couple truck loads of trash left behind. What a mess. Everything from plastic yogurt bottles to bait packages, styrofoam, dirty diapers, I counted 10 plastic bottles with fishing line wrapped around them, and loads of Corona, Tecate, and Modelo cans and bottles. Id rather see all that land bought up and closed to the public than see what that type of humanity does to it. A damn crying shame.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I got permission on a very nice piece with a small lake. The first day I removed 5 contractor bags of garbage. Since then another 10 more with more to go. Everyone trespassing gets chased off with extreme prejudice.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Let's be honest here, we all know which nationality is mainly responsible for trash like @BLOODBROTHER describes. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a hundred times. And some people wonder why there is prejudice against them......

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I won't deny the international effect, but it's been said on here before that bank fisherman are a trashy bunch, and I say that with the full respect of those who don't fit that mold. I've seen it with plain old home grown white trash from mountain streams all the way to the outer banks. The last time I was walking the NF banks at Badin last year I stepped over a ridiculous amount of trash as well, and it was 90% white people there at the time.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
this white boy packs out everything he brought. A buddy and i go overy year to the same places and year after year it gets worse. for years weve made fires to burn it all and made an effort to clean it up to make it suitable for people to set there. I dont care what color you are, where you are from, how much money you make.............. if youre a litterer, i see you as the same type of person that would eat your own :donk:donk:donk:donk. Youre low grade and should be beat to death with a dull axe.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Go to Jordan. look at the high water debris left on the south end of the lake between ebeneezer ramp and the narrows.
calculate where that debris comes from.
I say it's white yankees in their big ole useless boats.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but bank fishermen leave messes that no one should.
but they cant possibly account for those debris piles at Jordan.
maybe woodmoose is correct, NC is a dumping ground past the rest of the country.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
To be clear, a high water line after the rains we’ve had is expected but it shouldn’t be made up of trash. The mess I’m talking has nothing to do with the high water mark or high water trash line. This is just scummy people leaving their garbage everywhere.

If you like going there to catch fish or just be outdoors, why are you going to leave it a mess for when you return? It really baffles me.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
To be clear, a high water line after the rains we’ve had is expected but it shouldn’t be made up of trash. The mess I’m talking has nothing to do with the high water mark or high water trash line. This is just scummy people leaving their garbage everywhere.

If you like going there to catch fish or just be outdoors, why are you going to leave it a mess for when you return? It really baffles me.
the mess I am talking about is not high water related either. it just illustrates the trash that is blown into those coves from the lake.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I'm telling you, NC has the laziest, trashiest people in the country. Roadside trash, lake trash, trash on game lands, its awful everywhere you go.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
It’s everywhere.. our no care society! To be quite honest some of them are “tree hugger type” which is hypocritical but a lot are “outdoors people” which is also hypocritical

Several places I noticed, scouting Singletary Tract at Bladen lakes and was amazed at the litter I picked up. I even witnessed the pine straw bailers leaving litter.

However, in city limits around parks and greenways I’ve seen the same litter even within reasonable distance to trash cans

My kids (4yrs and 6yrs) even notice and pickup the litter.. because they’ve been trained

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It gets worse. Come to SC.
I can attest to that. It is more predominate in certain socioeconomic areas of the country from what I have seen at work. The poorer areas of the country seem to be where it is the worst. Parts of NC and SC seem to have a few of those areas.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
It gets worse. Come to SC.
I was gonna say something like that every state I've been to in east people say that have worse trashy people and I've witnessed same Tenn is horrible in areas as in SC VA WEST VA KY and on and on. Cleanest states I've hunted are west of Missouri of course less people makes difference

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
People who own something, or at least take ownership of something, will take care of the land. Those who don't and are just "using" something for what they can get out of it don't care one bit. It's a renter's mentality. And it is a shame. There's no sense in it, and it's nasty.

There will always be a certain amount of trash from stuff inadvertently blowing out of vehicles or boats, but most of what I see is intentional. And in places, it will take a lot more than just a few people picking trash to clean it up, it would take rollout dumpsters.

Last edited:

MyHrly

Six Pointer
Look at the 98 Bridge on Falls lake and the Crowd that frequents the area, friggin slobs. ticks me off.
just clean up after yourself..........its that easy!

I cant stand it either BB. Drives me crazy.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was driving to work the other day and this guy beside me sitting in traffic is smoking. He has his window rolled down and flicks his cigarette off the side of my truck. Needless to say I pulled up bedside the guy and went off. I preceded to tell him that he flicked his cigarette on my truck and I didn't appreciate it. I told him the world is not an ashtray and you are littering. He rolled up his winder and drove off. A wise move as I was pissed and ready to roll.

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Have a good friend from out west. Visited NC for a few days and said "theres too many trees and too much trash on the roads"....also described a bojangles biscuit as "crumbly thing that fell apart" ?