A couple of days off

RJ1

Ten Pointer
We will be loading turkeys out Wed.and Thurs.so I took those days off from hunting this week,we have had some really good chases since I was on the forum last took 3 more bear treed a few more than that but they didn't were just a little to small to take.My niece took her first bear Tuesday 340lber which I am having mounted for her,also a young solider took a nice 380lber last week that I am also having mounted for him.We got on a really nice one yesterday afternoon but he crossed the road on us and nobody got a a shot at him,we could have kept right on running him but I pulled the hounds off him because there is a church in that block that had a funeral service about to start and the respectful thing to do was not let the hounds continue on.We will get him another day.

Last edited:

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good update. I really like your approach.."the respectful thing to do.."

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Congrats on the great start to the season! One of these days I would love to see someone run dogs.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
If you dogs ever get close to my funeral, pack more in.

Years ago I was hunting in Tenn. had got on a runner he crossed into a block and treed behind a cemetery well they were having a graveside service going on there I got to the hounds as fast as I could pulled them off the tree we didn't take the bear after we got out the family was still at the cemetery,I manned up and stopped there to apologize for what happened and explain that we started miles from were the bear treed at,I was really ready to get blasted but the gentleman's wife said it was fine her husband had run bear with hounds all his life and she couldn't think of a better way to send him off then having a pack of bear hounds singing at a tree but since that day if I know there is a funeral going on anywhere near were I am hunting at I keep the hounds away from there not everybody would be as forgiving.