9/29

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I figured there would already be a thread but I guess I’ll start it!

So which one of you guys took my original spot on butner lol no worries. Found a back up hopefully it pays off! Goodluck to everyone today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I’m in.... damn that sucks hopefully that back up will prove better than the origional

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Me and the boy are in rhe mosquito pit here in Blounts Creek. I have my son on a decent 7 I have a lot of pictures of. Good luck guys!

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm up several hundred yards from cloningerba. Hoping to let this boomstick rumble this morning!

Weather sure does feel nicer this morning!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Gonna give it till 10 or so but have seen a few just nothing I wanna shoot

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
In Moore co. Heard 2 shows around 830. Major movement predicted at 10 to 12 ,not seen but 5 deer all season but work had alot to do,with that.Hopefully me and my sons can smoke one today.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Well that was super disappointing. Saw 1 squirrel and got checked by Mr. Green jeans at the gate. They were super nice and said they hadn’t see a dead deer yet...

nc35hunter

Four Pointer
Saw 2 does in Wake and glimpsed one bigger deer, but couldn’t put horns on him. Plus 10 times more skeeters than I’ve ever seen in that spot.

Good luck to everyone this evening.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
No deer. One hound with a radio collar, squirrels, and 2 rabbits. We will be in the stand this afternoon and evening

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Grabbing lunch and gonna hit it hard this afternoon/evening.

Total of 6 people hunting a large plot of public land and nobody saw a deer....hoping they just stayed on the beds and will have to get up and eat this afternoon.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Ended up seeing a few before sunrise and had one spike hang out for 30min

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Up on Camp Lejeune. Got in here early for a PM hunt. Everytime I hunt this I see deer early. My regular tree is sideways. Time to catch up on some Big 10 football

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Back at it up here at falls lake. Hoping they are on the hoof this afternoon.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Got out here and there was a buck in my shooting lane... was to far to tell if he was a shooter

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
In a brand new tree stand I hung this year. A hard wood swamp behind me and 150 yards of pine row in front. I can here occasional acorns dropping. A lot of oaks in here.

BigGun1

Eight Pointer
Thank you William Schawbell for the invention of the thermocell! Seen one small doe this morning in JOCO. Sounded like every deer was already in field when I got here this morning . Heard one hen turkey as well.

RBR

Six Pointer
Summing up to be a beautiful day on God’s green earth! First chance to get in the woods and been at it all day! I would also like to thank G of for this Thermocell! Still gotta little daylight left got my fingers crossed. Did walk up on a hog nose snake today that did a cobra imitation.. Good luck and ya’ll stay safe.

Attachments

• 732377AC-015F-4CD7-9540-D9DE380F16BD.jpeg
    732377AC-015F-4CD7-9540-D9DE380F16BD.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 2F5B6566-8F71-4CF4-998D-69E5DD80CAAE.jpeg
    2F5B6566-8F71-4CF4-998D-69E5DD80CAAE.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 61

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't hunt today but went down and done some work. I did see 4 deer and about 15-20 turkeys [emoji13]

sent from...... Tapatalk

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
No deer seen by me today. I had a 175 to 200 pound bear eat out in front of me for a half hour or so this evening. My son saw a doe. No shots fired and all animals are safe and sound in our neck of the woods

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
No kills in kill thread so far sounds like pretty slow day I can see holding off small buck but you would've thought several does would have fell by now

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Didn’t kill one but had a good sit, had the same spike come in 4 different times and had a large doe that I would love to take once her fawn gets bigger. All in all a great sit, saw a few and enjoyed hunting with Thing 2 despite her snoring and farting the whole day.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Son got blown,at at first light.Me AMD my other,one,never seen a,deer,.They did not move right,moon phase and heat.No,acorns,in my neck ofthe woods that I know of,but slacked off corn piles some,still have several good bucks using just no,sightings,.