9/27

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
saw two pretty bucks in the wide open at 9:36 am this morning. Preetty morning to be in a tree and I was running around. DA me.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Good sit this morning in cabarrus just no deer seen. I get regular pics of coyotes and a bobcat walking the creek bed it makes for infrequent deer movement. Creek has been dry so long the beavers have a streak worn in the gravels. Left side of this old walnut tree still has an insulator on it that the old phone lines ran on20220927_083616.jpg20220927_083633.jpg

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Wanted to get out this evening and bow hunt since the ML opener this weekend might be ruined by the hurricane, but looks like I picked up some sort of virus in WV. Hard to be sneaky when you can’t stop coughing and sniffling.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Had a rabbit creep in right at dark, thought it was a deer easing in at first. They just arent moving. Going to SC in the morning.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good sit this morning in cabarrus just no deer seen. I get regular pics of coyotes and a bobcat walking the creek bed it makes for infrequent deer movement. Creek has been dry so long the beavers have a streak worn in the gravels. Left side of this old walnut tree still has an insulator on it that the old phone lines ran on
They are definitely going to water. End of last week I pulled out of the driveway just before 8 am and a doe was drinking from the pond. We drove by her at a distance of 50 yards and she just looked at us. I know it's dry when I catch them drinking out of the pond in full view in broad daylight. Because the pond is right in front of the house and 75 yards minimum from the nearest cover.

They did it back during that drought in June, and they are back at it. That will probably come to an end by Saturday though.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
very late movement where i was this am, between 9:30 and 10:30 I saw several but no horns.
only one lone doe seenbefore 9am.
Cant decide whether to fish or hunt this afternoon. Both should be great.