9/25

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
At it again in WV. Only going to stay in the stand for a couple hours and then I’m going to try to find them on the ground again.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I saw a doe and two fawns bedding right beside where I park my vehicle.
Had several in the hayfield again this morning too. One group was bedded about 100yd from where I park, watched me get all my stuff ready and didn’t mind. 2 others were feeding between me and the ridge I wanted to hunt today, you can tell it’s early season because I went past them at about 20yd and they weren’t the least bit concerned.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Lots of acorns falling today. Haven’t seen anything since getting in the stand except some squirrels and turkeys

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
WV is where I grew up. Maybe not the biggest bucks but definitely a lot of deer. Good luck homie. Dad has said the Mast this year has been insane, I think you'll have a good chance to arrow one.

Reactions: Sp8

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Just got back to the house. I had to cut the hunt short my stomach growling was the loudest thing in the woods besides the pileated woodpecker tearing up the trees. Doe and fawn that appeared to have outgrown most all its spots already crossed the creek 52 yards away, one blue heron and a beaver that's lucky broad heads are too expensive to waste on extermination

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Got out of the tree a little after 9 this morning. Went to put my backpack in the truck and then was going to try some spot and stalk around our property. Lucky for me, there was a doe and a spike feeding under some acorn trees in the open about 200yd away, but it was mostly open field between me and them. I belly crawled most of the distance to them until I came to some brush on the side of our gravel road, where I was able to stand up and cover more distance. Climbed up the bank when I thought I’d be about even with them. They were right there, but a little too far of a shot for me. So I had to cover a little more open grass on my stomach any time both of their heads were blocked. Got pretty close to the doe and estimated she was about 20yd. My estimated range was off, because when I took a knee and drew on her, my pins felt solid, but I watched that arrow go about 1” under her belly. Ranged it afterwards at 33. But, it was fun nonetheless and I’m glad it was a clean miss if it wasn’t going to be a clean kill.