9/23

Wren87

Four Pointer
Five hawks, one doe, and several bushes that turned into black bears when it got dark. The doe came to the field edge 50 yards from me, sniffed, and went back the way she came. I don't think she winded me. Maybe she was just extra cautious b/c @SnowMaker caused a bit of a ruckus with the buck he shot last night not too far away from there. It's still early, lots of season left!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I put Dad in some white oaks this morning, and told him they were starting to drop good. Doe came running in to 20 yards and stuck her nose down to eat. All I heard from him was a one-that-got-away story. Phantom twig or some such.

I was busy buying seed and planting. Might get out tomorrow.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I put Dad in some white oaks this morning, and told him they were starting to drop good. Doe came running in to 20 yards and stuck her nose down to eat. All I heard from him was a one-that-got-away story. Phantom twig or some such.

I was busy buying seed and planting. Might get out tomorrow.
I’ll never forget the post from last year. If I remember correctly each of your sons and your mother (I think) all killed a deer the same morning.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Buddy & I had planned to be out on Harris around 330-4, scout our way in. We both got tied up at work l, so it was 6 by the time we eased through a bottom with a few white oaks. On top of that, we’re getting out of the truck & my buddy realizes he had everything, except his saddle.

I just happened to have an extra tether, he rigged it up as a linesman belt & climbed about 2 sticks up.

5 mins before last light something stood up behind me & came walking in on a string. Stopped, & stood around in a thicket until after hours.