9/17 Live

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I was surprised when I didn’t see a thread at first. You beat me to it. Settled with a buddy on butner. Knock on wood, this spot has been good to us years past. Buddy had a deer blow at him as he was climbing up and I had one blow at me on the walk in. Goodluck everyone hunting!

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Y’all kill em. I’m running on 2 hours sleep. Wife bought new furniture last week and I gotta go pick it up this morning. Hoping to get in the woods tomorrow.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Typical, forgot to set alarm. So running late and go to a stand that is easy access. Just looking for mostly anything today. Gonna be a quick hunt. First time here in a month or so when I was checking stands. Acorns falling so maybe just maybe.

Blessed to just be here.
Best of luck guys. Acorns falling -> I'm hoping to get into my small white oak patch this evening also. Long shot, but yup "maybe, just maybe".....

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I set my alarm to go but couldn't get up and go. Ran too long yesterday after working all night. Had been up 26 hours straight.
Best of luck to all ya'll and post up them pics.

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
Didn’t see a thing this morning and my cameras showed the same. Only one day had pictures on two cameras that normally produce and had a good set of bucks on them. Not sure what happened there or changing to fall pattern already.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I can wake up on time but it's the getting out the door part that's hard for me sometimes. I have a roughly 12 hour window that if I'm pacing myself I can stay productive and good days be on my feet for most of it. The problem is that cycle may be 9am to 9pm. Priorities may change though when that new string gets put on the crossbow

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
We had deer blowing at us as we both got settled in our spots. It was strange Bc the wind wasn’t blowing in either direction of the deer. We hunted til 1030 and didn’t see anything. Found a good crossing so I will be back at it this afternoon.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Had high hopes today. Wind was right to get to the back corner of the property and setup on the trail I know the bucks like to use… get back here and the neighbor has bull dozed a road right to the property line and made a camping spot. Right on the spot where all the trails came together

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Saw lots of deer out in fields this afternoon around 2-3 pm. Waiting on cooler weather to prevail.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
About to head to the woods.one of my sons had a big doe duck his bolt this morning,house dog had already ran them away then came back .He is pissed now,.lol . I'might shoot one this evening.nothing special showing up yet but fresh meat sounds good.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Heck yeah congrats on an ole freezer Queen @Loganwayne!!

Did I mention it’s muggy in Raleigh?? I took a scent away shower, washed my clothes and had evercalm on this afternoon. Thought the wind was right but i guessed wrong. Had a deer blow at something (probably me) around 7pm a couple hundred yards away. Also had another coon try and climb the tree I was in lol. My camera flash stopped him in his tracks. Guess I’m living the trash panda life. 8005FE47-278F-4BCB-9818-ACAF4FFAD00E.jpeg

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Heck yeah congrats on an ole freezer Queen @Loganwayne!!

Did I mention it’s muggy in Raleigh?? I took a scent away shower, washed my clothes and had evercalm on this afternoon. Thought the wind was right but i guessed wrong. Had a deer blow at something (probably me) around 7pm a couple hundred yards away. Also had another coon try and climb the tree I was in lol. My camera flash stopped him in his tracks. Guess I’m living the trash panda life. View attachment 74301
It’s not often you get to see a Coon on the ground looking up at a man that’s been treed...