9-13-19

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone hunting today? Just dropped the kids at school. Getting ready to head up the mountain. Should hit the woods by 1030. Gonna hunt a midday spot on an oak flat, then will switch to my evening spot about 1530. Wind should be perfect for my evening spot. Saw a huge buck in there on my late August scouting trip. Good luck and be safe out there.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
good luck fellas. full moon tonight, I might try a late morning.midday sit tomorrow, esp if it rains early.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Im keeping an eye on the radar in anson cojnty for the evening. Calling for possible rain. But plan on the boy and me heading out for an afternoon hunt.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Goin to a concert tonight (Riley green). Heading to my new hunting club tomorrow mid day and getting ready for the opener there on Sunday. Finally got my deer cut up and marinating. Good luck fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Nothing moved for me this morning and I was hunting a spot that is normally covered in deer. Guessing there will be a lot of afternoon movement.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing moved for me this morning and I was hunting a spot that is normally covered in deer. Guessing there will be a lot of afternoon movement.
I hope so... hoping to hunt this eve close to home. Haven’t hunted it yet this year

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Was gonna meet my brother at our lease and sit for the first time this evening, Instead I am at ER with son.:confused::confused:.

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Been on stand here on Lejeune watching this edge that leads to a pond. First sit of the year and it's starting to rain a bit. Had the chance to hunt so I jumped on it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Got in the tree just before 5 for my first sit this season. Pressure is rising and the breeze is blowing from the north. Makes for a bearable early season hunt. Just looking for a doe tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 61

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Had 5 in the corn pile 15mins after I got in the tree. Does, fawns and a couple 6” 11 pointers. Big doe blew and they scattered. They are still lingering around me. Big doe blew again. The little bucks don’t seem to care. Winds swirling around. Looking for this 3-4yr old 10 pointer that’s in here pretty consistent. First sit in this tree this year. Not sure it’s going to happen with this doe on point. Thought it would be good with this moon and front moving in.
Kinda chaps my rear.
85d2c05098084789000bf1d3a51e7b63.jpg
24efe12e942661f650e04655c3722027.jpg

I’d like to see him in person before I make a decision to shoot.
If he’s not what I think out of velvet I’m going to kick myself for not shooting this doe problem.
He’s the biggest one in this spot for now.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Had 5 in the corn pile 15mins after I got in the tree. Does, fawns and a couple 6” 11 pointers. Big doe blew and they scattered. They are still lingering around me. Big doe blew again. The little bucks don’t seem to care. Winds swirling around. Looking for this 3-4yr old 10 pointer that’s in here pretty consistent. First sit in this tree this year. Not sure it’s going to happen with this doe on point. Thought it would be good with this moon and front moving in.
Kinda chaps my rear.
85d2c05098084789000bf1d3a51e7b63.jpg
24efe12e942661f650e04655c3722027.jpg

I’d like to see him in person before I make a decision to shoot.
If he’s not what I think out of velvet I’m going to kick myself for not shooting this doe problem.
He’s the biggest one in this spot for now.

Any one think he’s pope and young?
I’m thinking maybe.. still something I haven’t done.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Up in Forsyth in the same area I got busted last Saturday but in a different tree this time with far superior cover. Looking for the big loud mouth nanny.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Got blown at until dark. Circles and blowing. What a old smart POS. Lol. The doe. If I would have known I’d run an arrow through her the first opportunity I got. Dang