86 chevy squarebody restore

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Got a little two tone going on now. Really happy with this painter's work. Now the engine builder. We are done. He quoted me $6500 to build the engine and charge me $9000. He said he ordered my vintage air in Feb. He lied to me. He just ordered it, but I paid him last Jan for it...same on the motor but he claims he don't have no control over rising cost. He had control when he got my money, but he didn't order the parts. Took 10 months for him to build that engine. He was supposed to install the vintage air but if you can't quote an engine build no closer than this...you can't quote a vintage air system either. What really made me mad was when he told me last week that the vintage air isn't holding me up. That wasn't the deal..deal was let's get the parts first, so I give him money to order parts in Jan. He robbed Peter to pay Paul. I refuse to put the front fenders on this truck until the vintage air is installed.
20221031_144636_1667242094713_001.jpg20221028_130424_1666977146684_001(1).jpg

Attachments

• 20221028_130409_1666977243590_001.jpg
    20221028_130409_1666977243590_001.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 6

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was gonna say whoa, that paint line is wrong, but I forgot they changed them and went up higher in the 80's. They used to break right where the bed lines changed.

outdoorbum

Button Buck
I hate people with talent and toys to do stuff like this!! LOL!!!! Great job and wish I had resources to do the two blocky Suburbans in my yard now

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Current picture of the truck. Other side is being taped up and getting ready to spray the creme. He is going to paint the pin stripe. If you notice in the picture the creme drops below the clearance light on the front fender. That is where the pin stripe would have stopped. I never noticed that but the painter is all about detail.

20221104_145240.jpg

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Won't be no trailer but I'm going to drive it on nice days. Maybe a car/truck show for donation purpose only and hit a few local cruise ins. I been picking at my buddy about taking it out west on a hunting trip.

Dad has a 1986 that he has done quite a bit to. Not as much as yours at all, but paint, motor, interior…etc. i have a 1997 that has gotten paint and some interior redone. Its nice when it all comes together. As much time and effort goes into it…its not easy to see them get dirtied up and scratched/dented.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Fella that went to the church I did as a teenager had one with the same paint scheme.
He had a custom indian blanket seat cover on it, it was beautiful.
Came back from throwing a castnet one day and someone had broken in his back sliding window and stolen his seat. He had to drive back home sitting on his cast net bucket. Ah memories...😃

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Painter got the driver's side buffed out and slick as a baby's butt. He is working on the passenger side now. He has a couple pieces to paint yet including the hood, cowl piece, and a small piece across the front grill area. Once he is finished, I bring her home and tinker with it. I had the fan along with all the front brackets powder coated and just got them back last week. I should have about everything to put it back together except the vintage air.

20221115_143609.jpg20221115_143624.jpg

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
At the NCSU game this weekend. Guy had a 72 K15(??, it was 4wd, 3/4 ton) decked out in red and white. Full off like yours. I had to get a tour and it was amazing. Been following this thread for a while, can't wait to see the finished truck.

Johnnie

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
You made the right decision with the hood. It looks awesome!!
I'm still torn on it. I will wait to see what it looks like with the grill and bumpers on it. Good news is we have an extra gallon of the brown paint left over. Supply house wouldn't mix us a quart..had to be a gallon.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You made the right decision with the hood. It looks awesome!!
That hood ain't my thing but that's what makes the world go round. Overall the truck looks great. I would drive it! I would like to be a fly on the wall when he does all the measuring before he drills the holes in the tailgate for that big chrome piece. :ROFLMAO:

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
That hood ain't my thing but that's what makes the world go round. Overall the truck looks great. I would drive it! I would like to be a fly on the wall when he does all the measuring before he drills the holes in the tailgate for that big chrome piece. :ROFLMAO:
LOL...my tailgate already has the holes in it.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
You have spent so much money, once the paint cures get it ppf wrapped. It will save the paint down the road especially if you decide to use this truck...as a truck