7MM Rifle ?

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There are many you can choose from, but for the money, I'm not sure you can beat a Savage with the accutrigger in 7mmMag. That is if you can find one now, but am sure there are ones out there if you look.
Just be sure to put good glass on them as they will absolutely kill the lesser scopes..I know from experience...

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
But anyway bigten is correct any magnum you can expect to spend 250-300$ or more on a scope. Lowest id go is a redfield revolution. Had one on one of my 7mm rem mags it held up great

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Only had dealing with a 7mm Magnum and 7mm-08 both are deadly on deer and accurate.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
My STW is an awesome gun. Accurate as I can hold it and smooth. It’s had some work done to it and sports a Hart barrel. Practically no recoil. Burning 83 grains of 7828 it’s pretty flat shooting as well. My farthest shot on a deer was 360yds and dropped him in his tracks. I did put a Holland QD muzzle brake on it for those 180gr Berger’s I was shooting for a while. So far the deer I e shot with it can’t seem to tell the difference between a 223, 7stw, or a 375win. They all wind up dead.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Mauser 92 or 93 in 7mm Mauser,,,,aka 7x57,,,customized if you can find it,,,

oldest 7mm there is,,,,all others pale in comparison,,,light recoil,,deadly accuracy,,,,high BC bullets available (for those who care),,,,it was the 6.5 Creedmoor of the later 19th century,,,,,,

:party: :eek: :ROFLMAO: :mosh:

^^WHAT HE SAID.....Karamojo Bell..only killed a few hundred elephants with 1. Cuz he knew how and where to shoot. Mild recoil with .270 Win ballistics using only 3/4 the powder.
If you are recoil sensitive avoid a magnum and go 7-08, or 7x57.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
^^WHAT HE SAID.....Karamojo Bell..only killed a few hundred elephants with 1. Cuz he knew how and where to shoot. Mild recoil with .270 Win ballistics using only 3/4 the powder.
If you are recoil sensitive avoid a magnum and go 7-08, or 7x57.

Come on now... Everyone knows that Walter Dalrymple Maitland Bell aka Karamojo used a .275 Rigby! ;)

Rigby would have made him proud with the limited edition rifle they made in his honor. It is only $21,995 + shipping for you well heeled fellows.

W.D.M. Bell Highland Stalker rifle

It sure is a nice bit of kit.

<>< Fish

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
My STW is an awesome gun. Accurate as I can hold it and smooth. It’s had some work done to it and sports a Hart barrel. Practically no recoil. Burning 83 grains of 7828 it’s pretty flat shooting as well. My farthest shot on a deer was 360yds and dropped him in his tracks. I did put a Holland QD muzzle brake on it for those 180gr Berger’s I was shooting for a while. So far the deer I e shot with it can’t seem to tell the difference between a 223, 7stw, or a 375win. They all wind up dead.
Id love to get my hands on a 7mm STW. Another wildcat i want is the 7mm Mashburn Super

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Id love to get my hands on a 7mm STW. Another wildcat i want is the 7mm Mashburn Super

I love my STW!!! It’s without a doubt the most accurate pure factory rifle I own. If I do my part I can dang near shoot bullet holes off the bench with it, with several different bullets and loads.

The 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum is a very cool cartridge!!! It was a favorite of Bob Hagel and Warren Page. Page’s “Old Betsy” was chambered in the 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum.
I’ve tinkered with one a little bit in the past, I was very impressed with the speeds it could attain. It was pushing 160 gr Nosler Partitions along at 3250 FPS without a problem. Very possibly could have gotten 3300 FPS out of that rifle with the 160 gr Nosler Partitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: