70 yard group

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Not bad! I thought I was the only one practicing out at 80. Makes those “long” 40 yard shots seem like nothing doesn’t it. Form is key! That and remember to adjust your hha sight so you don’t skip one under the target and Into the neighbors. Oops.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Years ago when I was heading to Colorado often for archery I regularly practiced at 80 yards. I enjoyed putting a disposable aluminum pie plate on the target, then sticking the dots on the center of that. It's satisfying to hear that sound when you connect on that plate, and it's easier to see your arrows.
When you're tuning your broadheads for those shots it really makes a nice loud whack when you hit the center of that aluminum pan and yes...you have to shoot your broadheads at 80 yards too :)

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
That’s awesome I am shooting a halon 6

I had a halon last year. No complaints. My V3 was a surprise gift. I like it pretty good. The switch weight stuff is neat, and I prefer the new grip to the halon. I don’t shoot it any better though. Not yet anyways.

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
Just watch it on distance with whitetails. Shot a nice 8 pointer at 65, aimed at the front shoulder with the deer on a corn pile and soon as I let go the deer took a step forward. Ended up being a forward gut shot and that was with a Mathews shooting 316 fps and a Rage broadhead. Recovered the deer about a week later thanks to buzzards after we tracked it almost 1/2 mile and lost blood. Made my mind up from then on unless it is an elk or something huge I would stay 50 in! And practicing I was shooting 5" groups with 5 arrows at 70. Those deer don't move though..

Last edited: