6.5 Creed Load Data

Wirehead

Eight Pointer
My pops made an ill-advised purchase of a 6.5 man bun AR-10. The reality is... the craft brew / pumpkin spike latte of rifle calibers is now in the repertoire and I, nonetheless, need to accept it and help with a good reload recipe. Fun and joking aside, this should be a fun project...

Anybody running 123 ELD-Ms in their 6.5 C? What are your load data? Bonus points for anyone doing so in an AR-10.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My pops made an ill-advised purchase of a 6.5 man bun AR-10. The reality is... the craft brew / pumpkin spike latte of rifle calibers is now in the repertoire and I, nonetheless, need to accept it and help with a good reload recipe. Fun and joking aside, this should be a fun project...

Anybody running 123 ELD-Ms in their 6.5 C? What are your load data? Bonus points for anyone doing so in an AR-10.
I have several good loads I have come up with over the years for a DPMS AR in 6.5 Creedmoor. All are 140 grain loads though.

Now you can admit the rifle is yours :)

Wirehead

Eight Pointer
I have several good loads I have come up with over the years for a DPMS AR in 6.5 Creedmoor. All are 140 grain loads though.

Now you can admit the rifle is yours :)
lol yup… that’s the starting point. Mind sharing your load info?

Anybody out there using Varget?

Arapaho

Spike
I wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel. When the creed got so popular, us guys that shoot tons of H4350 were struggling to find powder. It's because that's where you will find your best loads. When reloader 16 came out, it was a more temperature stable option near reloader 15 and works in most cases that H4350 does. I am sure there are other powders that work but H4350 is one of the most consistent powders you will find. I shoot a 6.5x47 Lapua but in a bolt gun and shoot on the same velocity nodes as the creed. Good luck to you.

Wirehead

Eight Pointer
I hear Ru Paul might have a load for ya🤣
baaaaleive me, I ain’t happy about this, at all. I don’t even know why he bought the rifle. Today, that dang rifle shot stupid good during a ladder test with varget and 123 ELD-Ms. This may start a family feud…

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns

🌈 toboggan in exchange for load data? Lol. Sorry, good cartridge. Fyi...don't wear toboggans. 🤣🤷‍♂️

herman

Six Pointer
my best loads for the 123 eld in my savage 10 are:
R-17=43.2 at 2938 fps
IMR-44.6 at 2945
both loads are very accurate and have killed deer and hogs