#5 UNC vs no rank FSU

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
You sound like a Great UNC fan. Like I said dont worry. Things are going up and it is only getting better. Lose every game the rest of the season? Florida State is better than a 2-3 team. UNC showed heart coming most of the way back.

I am a realistic Carolina fan. Realistically we are not a good team. We are in a bad conference(FSU is down, Miami is overrated, notre dame is overrated, we are overrated). I call it how it happens and this team is no different than any of the other unc teams that have “so much potential” potential means that it hasn’t happened yet and I’ve been waiting on it to happen for 35 years. I can tell you how the rest of the season will go.....we will lose 1 more game that we shouldn’t lose and lost to notre dame which means we probably won’t get to the acc championship and we’ll be playing in the meineke car care bowl or the music city bowl that no one cares about yet again. Then of which the whole season won’t matter at all of we don’t get to the acc championship game. I am just tired of losing the same games year after year after year and then having to hear all the ignorant Carolina fans say “just wait til next year” or just wait til “Mack is back” As I said, a really good team never loses a game like we did tonight to a bad opponent. It just doesn’t happen.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Kinda like running the triple option with the slowest quarterback in football against one of the nest defense in football(Clemson) last year when we could’ve kicked the extra point and tied the game. I hate Mack brown. Good recruiter, horrible in game management
That's the point (that play against Clemson) I was trying to make in another thread on this subject. That was a horrible play for UNC to dial up. I will always believe they had a much better chance to win that game in OT. And I don't hate Mack Brown, but think he does over rate himself.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Fact is, UNC played a horrible half of football against an inferior team. They were never worth the #5 ranking, but they’re much better than UNC football has any right to be historically. They’ll win out and get clemson in the title and get throttled by 20+ and will likely go on to win a respectable bowl game. Next season when Lawrence goes on to get murdered as a Jet, the ACC will belong to a very good UNC team. Howell will be the first QB taken when he comes out and will finish as the greatest QB at UNC and among the greats ever in the ACC. Catch the damn ball.

Enjoy the season, UNC by 17 over the pack.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Next season when Lawrence goes on to get murdered as a Jet, the ACC will belong to a very good UNC team

Not even close I would think...
Clemson is 4 deep at every position with 4 and 5 star commits from here to California.
The next QB up just keeps the train rolling.

It's easier to keep it going and groom next years starters when the first string is up by 20+ and sits out after halftime. Every kid on the Tiger sideline is capable of starting any game at any time, whether they be a freshman or a 5th year. Just another form of an automated assembly line.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone surprised by this outcome just isn't being realistic UNC is a decent team but they are in no way an elite team and are on no way going to win any championship. Which is fine there are many teams worse that would like to be them but they are what they are a team that barely scraped by a poor Boston college team a team that gave up zillion points and yards but hung on against Va tech team missing 15 players and a team that choked in primetime against a really lousy Fla st team. I root for them when they don't play teams like and I like Brown but the wtiting is and had been on wall.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, this defense is extremely young but the offense has experience and they’ve played together. Next season, the incoming class plus that year of chemistry for the defense, this team is going to be really good. This year, they’re explosive and talented, but they aren’t top 10 good. I do think they’re a top 20 team.
I agree they are 15ish team and nothing wrong with that

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
You sound like a Great UNC fan. Like I said dont worry. Things are going up and it is only getting better. Lose every game the rest of the season? Florida State is better than a 2-3 team. UNC showed heart coming most of the way back.
Fla st is not better they were 1-3 for reason they have been gashed this season by mediocre teams including a struggling ND team that made them look terrible added they have switched QB like cuaging drawers in other words a pitiful team. Their only win was against Jacksonville st heck even ga tech beat them their program is in dissaray and UNC let them handle them for nearly 3/4 game

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Oh yeah, like he had them right tonight. Next he’ll have them right next week, next year next century. There will never be anything right this program. “Very good teams” have no problem beating a bad 1-3 team that is rebuilding. Very good and unc football are on far ends of the spectrum. Just as I predicted they invented yet another way to lose. Sure, Howell is a pretty good quarterback and his wr’s dropped open passes......but Mack coached a horrible game. From not kicking the fg to running play calls with a minute and change when we’re not even in fg range down 3????? That’s horrible. He picked up right where he left off when he left the first time......by losing games we shouldn’t lose. I hope they lose every game the rest of the season after this performance. So overrated. Mack better keep his mask on because he doesn’t deserve to show his face after that. Our defense stepped up in the second half but giving up 31 points to a bad offense in 1 half is unacceptable. But when your best defensive player is a QB converted into a LB then you really can’t expect much. Bring on November.

Hope they lose the rest of their games?? lol.. You do realize that while Fl st has been bad they are still LOADED with talent.
You are letting one game get you all in disarray, yes Carolina was pitiful for 1/2 to 3/4 of the game. But, they looked impressive almost coming back and I dare say if it wasn't for 2 drops that my grandmother could of caught they would of been well with in fg range,
You really do not sound like a true UNC fan. I don't want to hear I am "realistic" . Do me and other unc fans a favor and just pull for someone else cause we don't really need fans like you(you said that you hope they lost the rest of their games). Your comments remind me of fans of a nearby school. I am done with this thread until Gameday but I will be trout fishin and just have to pull for the heels by listening on the radio and pulling for UNC to win unlike some people.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am a realistic Carolina fan. Realistically we are not a good team. We are in a bad conference(FSU is down, Miami is overrated, notre dame is overrated, we are overrated). I call it how it happens and this team is no different than any of the other unc teams that have “so much potential” potential means that it hasn’t happened yet and I’ve been waiting on it to happen for 35 years. I can tell you how the rest of the season will go.....we will lose 1 more game that we shouldn’t lose and lost to notre dame which means we probably won’t get to the acc championship and we’ll be playing in the meineke car care bowl or the music city bowl that no one cares about yet again. Then of which the whole season won’t matter at all of we don’t get to the acc championship game. I am just tired of losing the same games year after year after year and then having to hear all the ignorant Carolina fans say “just wait til next year” or just wait til “Mack is back” As I said, a really good team never loses a game like we did tonight to a bad opponent. It just doesn’t happen.

👍

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
With the Pack QB out, I'll take UNC by 17.
From what i have heard here (havent seen the game ending) unc's receivers inability to catch probably offsets the loss of state's qb, :)
I think this guy who is hurt wasnt even the starter until a couple of games ago but he is good but then you have the unc bad.
UNc laying 17 to any team seems a bit bold.
We'll see.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
From what i have heard here (havent seen the game ending) unc's receivers inability to catch probably offsets the loss of state's qb, :)
I think this guy who is hurt wasnt even the starter until a couple of games ago but he is good but then you have the unc bad.
UNc laying 17 to any team seems a bit bold.
We'll see.

he wasn’t starting bc of COVID

16.5 seems high

I don’t gamble

this NCSU QB is bad and unc is arguably a legit top 25 team (20-25)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Hope they lose the rest of their games?? lol.. You do realize that while Fl st has been bad they are still LOADED with talent.
You are letting one game get you all in disarray, yes Carolina was pitiful for 1/2 to 3/4 of the game. But, they looked impressive almost coming back and I dare say if it wasn't for 2 drops that my grandmother could of caught they would of been well with in fg range,
You really do not sound like a true UNC fan. I don't want to hear I am "realistic" . Do me and other unc fans a favor and just pull for someone else cause we don't really need fans like you(you said that you hope they lost the rest of their games). Your comments remind me of fans of a nearby school. I am done with this thread until Gameday but I will be trout fishin and just have to pull for the heels by listening on the radio and pulling for UNC to win unlike some people.

I am not at all in disarray over Carolina losing. I expected it. I always expect the worst with unc football, that way if they actually show up and play well I get pleasantly surprised.......but I never get pleasantly surprised because we lose games to the likes of app state and ecu in chapel hill, a 1-3 FSU team that could’ve easily gotten beat by Jacksonville st two weeks ago......I would like to sit here and list the games they have lost that should’ve never happened but I would be here until Jesus comes back lol. There is not a more devout heels fan than I am but I again, I am realistic. If you can’t show up for a 1-3 lousy FSU team for 100% of the game then no, you don’t deserve to win anything. Their season is already over. They have zero chance of making the final 4 teams with a loss like that regardless of what happens the rest of the season so therefore there is little to play for which is one of the many things that sucks about college football.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am not at all in disarray over Carolina losing. I expected it. I always expect the worst with unc football, that way if they actually show up and play well I get pleasantly surprised.......but I never get pleasantly surprised because we lose games to the likes of app state and ecu in chapel hill, a 1-3 FSU team that could’ve easily gotten beat by Jacksonville st two weeks ago......I would like to sit here and list the games they have lost that should’ve never happened but I would be here until Jesus comes back lol. There is not a more devout heels fan than I am but I again, I am realistic. If you can’t show up for a 1-3 lousy FSU team for 100% of the game then no, you don’t deserve to win anything. Their season is already over. They have zero chance of making the final 4 teams with a loss like that regardless of what happens the rest of the season so therefore there is little to play for which is one of the many things that sucks about college football.

Did you really ever entertain the notion that they were a playoff caliber team?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Guys the fat lady aint sung yet.....heels win out then what happens????...I know its a long shot but dont say they cant hang with Clemson as they did last year. gonna take some luck bit it could still happen.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing wrong with optimism but still ain't happening no way their winning out and beating Clemson too they barely escaped Boston college another loss will happen I do hope they get decent bowl game though

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Did you really ever entertain the notion that they were a playoff caliber team?

no, not at all......BUT.....I still try to enter every season with a little optimism. College football isn’t like college basketball in the fact that surprise upsets happen and teams get hot and go on Cinderella runs. In football There are few surprises. The best teams win 99% of the time throughout the entire season. There are a handful of exceptions but for the most part we know who is winning most of the games.