#5 UNC vs no rank FSU

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Va tech had already exposed their bad D. I didn't expect Fla St to shut their offense down Fla defense is terrible a mediocre ND team shredded them last wknd. Still a half to go we'll see if can rebound

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Watching FSU expose UNC has made my weekend

plenty have exposed this football team, UNC has just been able to score. Still only one half, but they gave up an unreal amount of big plays.

two blocked punts, a pick 6, multiple 50+ yard pass plays.....hell they didn’t get to play defense lol

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve said it all along. Mack is back and we are still 💩 Our losing tradition is shining bright tonight. This team is awful. I’ll never in my life know how we are ranked in the top 25 let alone the top 5. Even if this team was slightly above average.....with our weak schedule this would be a 1 loss team......but......as you see.....we’re pathetic again like we have been every year of my life to date with the exception of 2 years.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
plenty have exposed this football team, UNC has just been able to score. Still only one half, but they gave up an unreal amount of big plays.

two blocked punts, a pick 6, multiple 50+ yard pass plays.....hell they didn’t get to play defense lol
You’re right it’s just not as obvious when they keep the score close.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You’re right it’s just not as obvious when they keep the score close.

Yes, this defense is extremely young but the offense has experience and they’ve played together. Next season, the incoming class plus that year of chemistry for the defense, this team is going to be really good. This year, they’re explosive and talented, but they aren’t top 10 good. I do think they’re a top 20 team.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, this defense is extremely young but the offense has experience and they’ve played together. Next season, the incoming class plus that year of chemistry for the defense, this team is going to be really good. This year, they’re explosive and talented, but they aren’t top 10 good. I do think they’re a top 20 team.

I’ve been hearing that “just wait til next year” crap for 35 years. If we’re actually good the. We should be good right NOW.....but we’re not. We never are. We’ve been inventing ways to lose for a long time.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
They should’ve kicked that first FG

I was screaming the same thing. I knew that would come back to bite us. That’s what pitiful coaching does for you. Kinda like running the triple option with the slowest quarterback in football against one of the nest defense in football(Clemson) last year when we could’ve kicked the extra point and tied the game. I hate Mack brown. Good recruiter, horrible in game management

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
And as I say that low and behold the deficit is 3......lol can’t make this stuff up. I can see it now......this has all the makings of yet another heartbreaking, gut wrenching Carolina loss that we’ve come to know so well. Will we invent yet another way to lose?

Reactions: jug

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
3 drops in a row on that last drive, but you can’t play like garbage for 60% of the game and win. Good game, UNC was just worse in the first half than FSU was in the 2nd. Next week should be a fun one!

country

Ten Pointer
Fsu lucky to win. Their quarterback has some sort of injury to left arm.

UNC will probably throttle State next week. Sounds like they lost their quarterback today to ankle injury...

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Fsu lucky to win. Their quarterback has some sort of injury to left arm.

UNC will probably throttle State next week. Sounds like they lost their quarterback today to ankle injury...
It wasn’t good. Just happened to be recording that plan and his ankle looked bad.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Glad the #5 bubble popped, but I will say....Howell is money. Receivers left him hanging late. I like him a lot.

Reactions: CRC

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve said it all along. Mack is back and we are still 💩 Our losing tradition is shining bright tonight. This team is awful. I’ll never in my life know how we are ranked in the top 25 let alone the top 5. Even if this team was slightly above average.....with our weak schedule this would be a 1 loss team......but......as you see.....we’re pathetic again like we have been every year of my life to date with the exception of 2 years.

👀

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Pick 6 hurt em plus the Fg ......dont worry guys Mack will have them right. 2 drops at the end as well. They can win out the reg season and still meet Clemson. They are a very good team. They were nervous in Tallahassee at the end. BOOM !

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Their defense is terrible.
The QB is good but you cant rely on that every week and keep on winning. That game could have gotten out of hand tonite, luckily FSU is even more horrible of a team right now.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Pick 6 hurt em plus the Fg ......dont worry guys Mack will have them right. 2 drops at the end as well. They can win out the reg season and still meet Clemson. They are a very good team. They were nervous in Tallahassee at the end. BOOM !

Oh yeah, like he had them right tonight. Next he’ll have them right next week, next year next century. There will never be anything right this program. “Very good teams” have no problem beating a bad 1-3 team that is rebuilding. Very good and unc football are on far ends of the spectrum. Just as I predicted they invented yet another way to lose. Sure, Howell is a pretty good quarterback and his wr’s dropped open passes......but Mack coached a horrible game. From not kicking the fg to running play calls with a minute and change when we’re not even in fg range down 3????? That’s horrible. He picked up right where he left off when he left the first time......by losing games we shouldn’t lose. I hope they lose every game the rest of the season after this performance. So overrated. Mack better keep his mask on because he doesn’t deserve to show his face after that. Our defense stepped up in the second half but giving up 31 points to a bad offense in 1 half is unacceptable. But when your best defensive player is a QB converted into a LB then you really can’t expect much. Bring on November.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

clemson would beat Carolina by 21 or better. This defense vs that offense LOL......IF that happens it will likely be a joke......but could be like last year.I believe this Clemson team is better than that though and this unc team is.....well.....the same old 💩

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Oh yeah, like he had them right tonight. Next he’ll have them right next week, next year next century. There will never be anything right this program. “Very good teams” have no problem beating a bad 1-3 team that is rebuilding. Very good and unc football are on far ends of the spectrum. Just as I predicted they invented yet another way to lose. Sure, Howell is a pretty good quarterback and his wr’s dropped open passes......but Mack coached a horrible game. From not kicking the fg to running play calls with a minute and change when we’re not even in fg range down 3????? That’s horrible. He picked up right where he left off when he left the first time......by losing games we shouldn’t lose. I hope they lose every game the rest of the season after this performance. So overrated. Mack better keep his mask on because he doesn’t deserve to show his face after that. Our defense stepped up in the second half but giving up 31 points to a bad offense in 1 half is unacceptable. But when your best defensive player is a QB converted into a LB then you really can’t expect much. Bring on November.

You sound like a Great UNC fan. Like I said dont worry. Things are going up and it is only getting better. Lose every game the rest of the season? Florida State is better than a 2-3 team. UNC showed heart coming most of the way back.

Last edited: