4H State Tournament

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had the privilege of watching my boys win medals Saturday at the State 4H Shooting Tournament.

My youngest won the Jr. Recurve Archery division.
My oldest placed 2nd as an individual, 3rd overall in the Sr. Recurve Hunter/Sporter Archery division.

The oldest shoot a 196 in the Sr. Compound Hunter/Sporter Archery division and that got him in a tie for 15th place. Perfect score is 200. A lot of good shooting in that class.

Was anyone else there Saturday?

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Here they are Oldest in the Blue and youngest in the orange
1009211918g.jpg

This was his last shot with his compound at the 10 yard line. I'll buy new arrows.

1010211314.jpg

this was by chance. The biggest Jr Recurve shooter in the lane next to the smallest shooter. Kid is actually 9 years old.
1009211556.jpg

Goof ball got rained on in the last relay and changed to the orange shirt. He said he wanted to be like the boys at the Olympics.

1009211848f.jpg

Last edited:

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
this is Matthew shooting in the Sr. Match Round. He had to shoot both compound and recurve in this round. I didn't like it but they were trying to save time. It costed him on his compound score.

1009210827.jpg

Miles (left) and one of our other shooters.

1009211055d.jpg

Last edited:

Game On

Four Pointer
I was there. My son shoots Junior muzzleloader. Placed 5th overall. I think I waited with you under t shirt tent after seeing pics of your boys.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
I won the Jr. Archery Division WAAAAAY back in the day. All recurve back then. The boys (including my brothers), were not amused. Fun stuff. Glad to see it is still happening.