.480 Ruger and .454 Casull Ruger Super Blackhawks

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Let's hope they sell well enough that Ruger off them in Bisley Hunter models with the integral scope mounts.

<>< Fish

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
I would love to have a 480, but I just can only wonder why since I would never shoot it. I guess that I am too old.

Stick&String

Old Mossy Horns
I had the opportunity to shoot the .454 Raging Bull.
It was a heck of a hand cannon and fun to shoot too!
I'd rather shoot a Ruger though.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
After watching Gunblast shoot them both I may try and get one of those 480s. I don't have a 454 because of the snapping recoil which is easily seen in this video. The 480 recoil appeared to be more of a push than a snap, after some gym time and several thousand hand grip tool squeezes, I may be ready for the 480 Ruger.

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've got both calibers in Super Redhawk and the 454 is a little snappy,but the 480 feels more like a hot 44 Mag to me as far as recoil.
Neither compare to a 500 SW heavy cast though.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
I have a Redhawk in 45LC that easily eats Buffalo Bore 325gr at 1200fps+. I can shoot a few of them one-handed with very little residual hand pain the next day so I am sure that I can handle a single action 480 Ruger but I have already dug up my hand gripper, just to be sure. I will call in the AM and see if there are any to be had.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I have a Redhawk in 45LC that easily eats Buffalo Bore 325gr at 1200fps+. I can shoot a few of them one-handed with very little residual hand pain the next day so I am sure that I can handle a single action 480 Ruger but I have already dug up my hand gripper, just to be sure. I will call in the AM and see if there are any to be had.

The Bisley grip frame is easier on your hands and wrist than any other I have tried. I have a 5.5" Ruger Bisley in .45LC that you can try your loads in first to see how you like that style grip before ordering one.

<>< Fish

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Appreciate that fishhunt and we can meet at the Flint range sometime if you want. I have shot a bunch of full bore, heavy hardcast 310gr bullets in my 44magnums [in Super Blackhawks, Redhawks and Super Redhawks] and if you can handle that recoil in double action grips, both of the Super Blackhawk grip styles are a recoil picnic.
If I can come up with a 480 let's hit the range.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Put in a call and it seems that they will be in the $750-$775 range out the door, should be some on the way. When, you say? Soon is all I could get out of Vass Guns.