4 commissioner slots remain unfilled

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Former state senator John Alexander of Wake County has been nominated for the open seat appoint by the Senate leader

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Shame we don't elect those positions. Such a novel idea.

Because there are a lot of different Commissions in the state. Two reasons not to elect those positions. One is that all the names for every Commission won't fit on a ballot. Second is that most people don't care. How many people know anything about the candidates for the Soil and Water Conservation board?

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I am only referring to the Wildlife Resource commission. There are 9 districts. Only have the names on your ballot for your district. At large positions could be voted on different elections and would be state wide. Would not really add that many names. Maybe need to be some changes as to the number of commissioners but I would just like to see us elect them. If we have to elect the Soil and Water Conservation Board why not the Wildlife Commission? A lot of folks vote for a lot of candidates they don't know anything about. I remind myself of this every time I pull up to the gas station. LOL

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Other than the posters here, how many people care that much about the WRC? When there isn't a lot of interest in a position, then the position can be controlled by a group or groups of people. While you may get hunters to support a pro-hunting candidate, it is also possible for groups such as PETA, horse owners, bikers or hikers to get enough voters to vote for an anti-hunter candidate.