4/28 Live

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I went to two at daylight. One gobble on the roost and they pitched off to another ridge and gobbled two times. That was 30 minutes ago. Hooking around that way I bumped some birds but idk what they were. They didn’t gobble when I called right before that.
Now more prospecting

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Had one gobble about 200 times this morning. He's gotta be worn out. I played cat and mouse with him once he got on the ground but he spotted me when he rounded the corner about 50yrds away.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
This one stopped when the whole family and all the dogs at the house about 400 yards away got ready and left for work.

I mean shut up once he heard those car doors and dogs.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Had to go to the office today. Good luck to everyone who’s getting out! Got 2 spots I haven’t tried yet this year that I’m gonna give a go on Thursday & Friday.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
Birds finally showed to to my clover patch two days ago. One didn’t play ball yesterday and only gobbled a couple of times from the limb and once headed away with hens.

I had to make a farm repair this morning and was too late to get the boy up to hunt. I stopped by to listen and that bird from yesterday was begging to die. Hammering every 30 seconds for the 5 minutes that I was there and this time he was not on the creek side of the patch. If I would have had a tag, it could have been a real fun morning. He will live another day but if he does that tomorrow morning (for the third morning in a row) and nothing breaks at the farm, my boy might get to have a little bit of fun.