4/15 live

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Managed to get off work early so I'm on the way to the club in Scotland county. Be getting there at first light wish I could of got off work earlier but oh well. Hope it's a good hunt got to get home and get ready for the wife's birthday

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Set up in a ground blind in Northampton county with a good buddy and my son. We hope to put my son on his first bird. Got on hen in the field now.
Good luck to all.

Bigbass78$

Four Pointer
I am set up in a ground blind in lee county hoping to tag out this morning quiet here this am wind is howling

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Not a peep here. Went to a spot I seen a few birds a couple weeks back. Found some semi fresh scratching. Got to sit here and blind call a while and just still hunt myself through this block.

np307

Ten Pointer
Out on game lands with a friend. Got beat to our first spot so now we're in spot b. Had a few gobbles on the roost but quiet for a little while now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

double

Twelve Pointer
Gonna try and head our about 9 and hunt to around noon or so. Never had any luck late morning but its the time I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Called an audible after looking at forecast and went to spot #2... No gobbling at all, but did hear one shot right at 7.

Nash county gamelands.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Gonna try and head our about 9 and hunt to around noon or so. Never had any luck late morning but its the time I have

My favorite time to hunt. Be mindful hens will be leaving Toms to feed and lay so woods are more active. If he gobbles after 9 you will have a great chance to connect. Good Luck

jim67

Eight Pointer
Had one coming... on fire!!! One last gobble behind me and all is quiet. I guess we still have a few in Stokes after all

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Wife's birthday today, and forecast said right breezy. I didn't even set the clock.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Dang yahoos!! On gamelands

I setup within 125yds Of birds.. gobbler w hens

He answered me before I knew he was there.. I had only heard hens

Hen Turkey pitches down to me.. pops out from behind tree at 7yds . Putted and flew back to roost. I could see her

Gobbler flew towards field.. little later 2 guys make a complete circle around me and gobbler calling and calling .

Of course birds went silent
Worst part.. guy has a blaze orange decoy bag on his back

Walked within 80yds and still called with me hooping at him. I finally yelled "yeah!" Even started walking towards them

Did they turn around .. nope

Just went on down creek and cut across between me and roost site

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Spot 2 isnt looking promising. Not a peep. May call it with this wind. Probably sit till 10 then head home.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I bet you can
Dang yahoos!! On gamelands

I setup within 125yds Of birds.. gobbler w hens

He answered me before I knew he was there.. I had only heard hens

Hen Turkey pitches down to me.. pops out from behind tree at 7yds . Putted and flew back to roost. I could see her

Gobbler flew towards field.. little later 2 guys make a complete circle around me and gobbler calling and calling .

Of course birds went silent
Worst part.. guy has a blaze orange decoy bag on his back

Walked within 80yds and still called with me hooping at him. I finally yelled "yeah!" Even started walking towards them

Did they turn around .. nope

Just went on down creek and cut across between me and roost site
I bet you can kill him later today if your time allows.

double

Twelve Pointer
Just walked in not a peep now I got jake and his ole lady sitting in the field hoping to pick a fight. This wind is something else.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Just walked in not a peep now I got jake and his ole lady sitting in the field hoping to pick a fight. This wind is something else.

well maybe you can use it to your advantage:
when they walk out in the field where you don't want them to, just back off into the woods and use the wind to aid you in walking down to them and shooting you one.
windy days were made for easy movement on field birds. ime.
Good Luck!

double

Twelve Pointer
well maybe you can use it to your advantage:
when they walk out in the field where you don't want them to, just back off into the woods and use the wind to aid you in walking down to them and shooting you one.
windy days were made for easy movement on field birds. ime.
Good Luck!

That was my hopes i have a nice road bed 20 yards behind me that runs parallel to the field. I have tried to set up to run and gun if need be.

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Just got settled in about 10 am, wanted to be here first thing but we have a sick 9 month old so I had to run a few errands. Was planning on just keeping the baby today but my wife was very adamant about keeping her! Just take make sure I asked two times but after that I loaded up and headed out. No sooner than I got set up 2 hens popped out and came to investigate their foam friend. Can’t hear crap, windy is an understatement, but thankful to be hunting!

Shockgobbles

Six Pointer
My season ended at 9:30 this morning. It's a little bitter sweet but I start grad school next year and turkey hunting is going to be few and far between. Called in 4 toms and thought surely it was a group of jakes we had been seeing. But then they got close and started running in with beards swinging. They got to the edge of a creek and were bunched up for the longest time, then one separated from the rest and I shot. It was really awesome

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.41.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.41.16 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 60

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
had a hen give me a scare bout 945. Came running up behind me and then popped out 5 yrds away putted and gone she went. Found relatively fresh tracks out in front me. Going go sit till 1:30 I guess. Then back here in the morning

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
lee county is up so far this season 53% over it's past three years average and let's face it this Saturday was a poor one to hunt for some. so it looks like ole Lee is rolling compared to it's past.

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
I didn'tknow lee had picked up that much. I'm surprised.

I know my dad sits and listens over his 100 acres every morning and evening and doesn't hear a thing in lee. Been hoping birds would eventually start showing up for him so he can kill his first bird. I would take him with me but I'm still a newb when it comes to turkeys.

Just hoping to make something on these handful of days to hunt. Got mediocre turkey population in the area I'm at today in the club but hey it's better than nothing. Just wish the wind would lay down. More than likely be in this same spot tomorrow morning.

np307

Ten Pointer
Second turkey ever. Had to belly crawl for him on the game lands but it was worth it. Just a Jake but he was sure proud of himself strutting.
ef5e08e5361fbe84dfc8873bae5c4afd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk