4/15 live

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Got up at 1 this morning so I could be the first one at the gate. I had a 2 1/2 hour drive to the gameland I had chosen. I made the wrong choice I guess. Six miles and many, many hills

hclaye25

Four Pointer
Got up at 1 this morning so I could be the first one at the gate. I had a 2 1/2 hour drive to the gameland I had chosen. I made the wrong choice I guess. Six miles and many, many hills
Better than being at work! Hopefully you have better luck next time.

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
I feel your pain I've been up since 4 yesterday. Left work at 5 drove 1.5 down. Walked 10 miles. Saw one hen. I called it quits especially today being my wife's birthday today. Be back at it tomorrow. Good luck

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Somehow the end of my post got cut off. So as I was saying six miles and many hills and all I heard was the wind. Still better than work.
I did a few miles thru the swamps yesterday so I am doing strange stuff for turkeys as well.
but after the fact I would rather have not have had that enriching experience. work would been better.

Last edited:
Reactions: jug

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Gobbled a little this morning, but wasn’t too interested. I just got in from NYC this morning at 1, so I backed out and went to the house and got something to eat and took a nap. Came back after I thought they’d be done with their hens. Called twice and three came in glowing red and gobbling. Good day.
55f467d253080c6f405478fb9e27d645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Hunted Lee this morning. Finally found one out of the wind in a bottom. But he was a few hundred yards away and I couldn't convince him to move. Went running and gunning with no luck. The wind was ridiculous. Decided to leave them alone and try again tomorrow.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Not live, but this morning. Had one abuse me by staying up on the ridge, walking back & forth, expecting the hen he heard to come to him. The hardwoods are open and easy to see a long ways. He left when no hens showed. Pretty sure he flipped me off as he was leaving. 20 minutes after old bird left, this guy gobbled by the creek bottom a few hundred yards off. Wasn't even sure it was a turkey. Leaned on the long box and got a double gobble back. Took him another 15 minutes to get close. Came in to my left (I shoot left), so I switched hands and shot him right handed at 28 yards.

Jim

Attachments

• 4-15-2019----- 21.5 pounds, 11 inch beard, 1 inch spurs.JPG
    4-15-2019----- 21.5 pounds, 11 inch beard, 1 inch spurs.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 44

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I was up at 0130 sat AM feel your pain makes for long drive home

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Not live, but this morning. Had one abuse me by staying up on the ridge, walking back & forth, expecting the hen he heard to come to him. The hardwoods are open and easy to see a long ways. He left when no hens showed. Pretty sure he flipped me off as he was leaving. 20 minutes after old bird left, this guy gobbled by the creek bottom a few hundred yards off. Wasn't even sure it was a turkey. Leaned on the long box and got a double gobble back. Took him another 15 minutes to get close. Came in to my left (I shoot left), so I switched hands and shot him right handed at 28 yards.

Jim

Loved that early text saying gobbler down !! Congrats Jim, that tom had a huge noggin' on him !

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
It was breezy as you know. I heard leaves rustling behind me. I slowly turned my head to see what it was. By the time I got turned it was a yote running away from me. It met up with 2 other smaller yotes, one was black. I checked out some yelps to see if they would come back. No dice. I packed up and changed guns. Turkey hunt became a yote hunt.

It dawned on me that it came up on me from downwind as I hit the box and it was only mere feet from where I sat. My only regret is it was too far away to shoot with a 12 gauge or I'd pepper its ass.

NCbowhunter11b

Six Pointer
Gobbled a little this morning, but wasn’t too interested. I just got in from NYC this morning at 1, so I backed out and went to the house and got something to eat and took a nap. Came back after I thought they’d be done with their hens. Called twice and three came in glowing red and gobbling. Good day.
55f467d253080c6f405478fb9e27d645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful bird man.