350 Legend hunters

My first one with the 350. At 20 yards, angling down through the shoulder and out the same arm pit. The 150gr XP broke the shoulder and leg bone and left a nasty exit large enough to fit my fist through. Part of the heart had lacerations, but the lungs were mostly in tact. Plenty of blood to trail, and he somehow made it eighty yards.

3F93CE57-A483-415A-9C8A-2E30FF3088BA.jpeg

Well, after missing a doe in the woods at last shooting light a week ago, I was able to kill deer number two with the 350L this weekend. 50 yard shot, quartering towards me a bit, Deer Season XP 150gr entered on the front of the shoulder and exited the ribs behind the opposite shoulder. He ran sixty yards to the edge of the field and stopped. Then five seconds later, he tipped over.

8BD8BDB9-41E4-4231-AAAA-27BE8CB0E89B.jpeg

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
Anybody seen these yet?
1674069219636.png
Quite the quick little round. I am wondering what the velocity would look like for some of the 115gr or lighter 9mm/.380 hollow points. I'm sure they would simply shatter at that velocity, but coyotes don't care.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anybody seen these yet?
View attachment 108883
Quite the quick little round. I am wondering what the velocity would look like for some of the 115gr or lighter 9mm/.380 hollow points. I'm sure they would simply shatter at that velocity, but coyotes don't care.
I've shot them out of my AR several times, because they tend to be much cheaper than the hunting rounds if I am just working on a rifle or getting a scope fairly close at close ranges.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
bigdaddy did you get a good blood trail with the black box winchester ammo ?
enough to find him. It wasn't pouring out of a bucket type, but yes, a trail. The one he shot this year. He shot just a little back on a quartering towards him shot and the bullet was just under the skin on the opposite side. So, just entrance wound hole. Deer went maybe a hundred yards.

SKnox

Six Pointer
Thanks for the info. At a gun shop in western nc I saw about 10 boxes for 32 dollars a box.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Saw an article in a magazine on a ,350 Legend revolver,,,,,
It actually should ba a decent revolver round. It's a slightly tapered case and headspacing may make it a bit iffy on cylinder length and accuracy.
I know headspacing is critical on my AR builds and reloads.