308 AR style rifle for deer

BamBam

Eight Pointer
Just wondering if anyone hunted with this type of rifle. Friend of mine, just got one, will be using it this coming season. He says recoil is more than regular rifles( somewhat). Hoping to shoot with him soon. I’m thinking about one for myself and my wife to hunt with.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Blast may be more but recoil is less for most I shoot.

Just like any other hunting gun...

It will Kill!

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Recoil is less but the recoil impulse is different. DI vs piston varies even further. As a whole they are more difficult to shoot accurately than bolt.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Barrel length and muzzle device play a big role in the blast. A rifle with a obnoxious blast can seem like an increase in recoil, and can make it unpleasant to shoot.

Generally, semi’s recoil less than their bolt action counterparts.
Rifle weight will play a part in this as well.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Have one in 308, 6.5cm, and 260. Great platform and all will kill, only issue is if you have a shorter barrel once you hit 150 yes the bullets drop more than lost are used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I'd like to have one in 260.

If your looking for less recoil and what a semi-auto look at a BAR.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I'd like to have one in 260.

If your looking for less recoil and what a semi-auto look at a BAR.

Yeah a nice BAR is great rifle in any caliber, and the aesthetics on the older safari’s is really nice

BamBam

Eight Pointer
Thanks for replies. I’ve got a BAR and it’s a good shooting rifle. If I could find a 308 BAR,, I would be content with that. Hoping to shoot my friends AR soon, that will make up my mind.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah a nice BAR is great rifle in any caliber, and the aesthetics on the older safari’s is really nice

I always wanted one and finally got one in 2015. I don't use it a whole lot but I really like it.
f32ea33065d9e8b819afab9a564873eb.jpg

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I always wanted one and finally got one in 2015. I don't use it a whole lot but I really like it.
f32ea33065d9e8b819afab9a564873eb.jpg

Yeah I’ve got one in 270 (safari) and a 308 stalker and love em both

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for replies. I’ve got a BAR and it’s a good shooting rifle. If I could find a 308 BAR,, I would be content with that. Hoping to shoot my friends AR soon, that will make up my mind.

Like I said just be aware of drop if it’s a shot barreled AR.....also do to materials AR10s are much heavier than the AR15s are