300 win mag

Terry

Four Pointer
Just picked up a new Tikka rifle looking for 300 win mag ammo appreciate it if anybody could give me a heads up where you seed any in stores and if anybody has a Tikka rifle in 300 win mag what type and gr does it like God bless

dbohunts

Six Pointer
Usually no problem buying it from federal online. Just a matter of checking often to find what particular load your looking for.

SpellNC9

Six Pointer
I picked up about 6 boxes of 270 when I was in Florida about the same time (4 years), they were on clearance. I paid $4 a box. HAHAHA. Can you believe that?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ive got several boxes of Hornady SSTs or Interlocks left. Just haven't gotten up the gumption to work up a reload for the brass. In general, I remember paying somewhere around 40.00 per box for the Hornady or the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
academy has had a good bit of ammo last couple visits. no clue on 300 prices.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Just picked up a new Tikka rifle looking for 300 win mag ammo appreciate it if anybody could give me a heads up where you seed any in stores and if anybody has a Tikka rifle in 300 win mag what type and gr does it like God bless
My T3 300 likes Winchester powermax bonded 150 grain. Game hates it.

I’m hoping to shoot some Nosler 180 accubonds in a few weeks at an elk.

you’ll prolly be happy with any premium bullet out of the Tikka. They shoot well.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m shooting 150gr in one .300
168gr in another, 180 gr in another, and 200 gr in yet another .300 Win Mag.

Any and all of my .300’s will shoot any of the bullets I’ve tried into 1 1/2” or less.

I’ve fooled around with .300 Win Mags for going on 25 years, and with only 1 exception, every one I’ve had would shoot sub 1” groups with a bullet/powder/case/ primer combo that it liked. That’s over a dozen different rifles. The only exception to that was a Browning ABolt II Composite Stalker, it wouldn’t shoot ANY of the loads I tried less than 3”.