3-9x50.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

This would be my preference were I in your shoes.
I know it’s slightly higher than your budget, but it’s worth the extra money IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All the aforementioned scopes have decent glass. The big determining factor for some are the lack of eye relief. That's not a real problem on a rifle that has little or no recoil, but can be a big problem on some that do.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
The best 3-9x50 scope is a Leupold 3-9x40...lol. That Diamondback or the Leupold will work just fine.

Nothing wrong with buying used either if you can find one.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Guybo

Eight Pointer
There's a couple in the classifieds around your price range. A Leupold vx2 3x9x50 for $250 and a Redfield Revenge 3x9x42 for $125.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
How’s the eye relief on the diamond back scope.
I just seen where the Diamondback (standard reticle)is on sale now at Midway USA for $149. Never looked at it but I own the 3-9x40 and it's very nice for its price range.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Here is two in the classified ads on this forum. Don't think you could go wrong with either. The Revenge is not a 3-9x50, but a 3-9x42 and in a class I would compare to the VX-3 Leupold scopes. I have several and have compared these scopes with others in the $400-500 dollar price range. The Revenge is a good deal and good glass. Hate they quit making them, think they were giving Redfield/luepold to much competition for their own higher priced lines. Heck you might even be able to find a 3-9X52 Revenge on Ebay or somewhere. I have made post on this forum about the comparison.