28ga 37A

6mm250

Eight Pointer
My favorite sister in law* passed away last month and she bequeathed to me a Winchester 37A in 28ga among others.

I'm 60 & never until now have I owned or even fired a 28. The neat thing is ammo is easy to find because of Sam Walton's legacy.

Anybody else out there shooting the 28 ?

* Make no mistake , she was my favorite sister in law BEFORE she bequeathed me the firearms.

Mike

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Love it! 28 is about all I shoot!! Killed doves, rabbits, ducks, geese and deer with my 28’s!!!!!!!!!!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Dang, I got a 20 and 16 37A. would love to have 28 in that gun. Sorry about you SIL but she must have liked you.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A 16 gauge 37A was my first shotgun about 60 years ago. I retired it (but still have it) when I got my first 1100. I believe that thing killed more rabbits, squirrels, and doves than everything else I've had put together.

NC Quailhunter

Six Pointer
I use my 28 a lot. It is my favorite gun that I have in the safe. Weather I am chasing quail or preserve pheasants it is my go to gun. You will enjoy it, I think.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns

I bought several boxes of these trying to see which gun I had that likes them best. None of my 28’s liked them. All I wanted to do was consistently be able to put them in a paper plate at ~35yds. Never could get any my 28’s to like them. Which is odd because that same slug in a 12 and 20 always shot very well.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
I'm no bird hunter but maybe I'll take this 28ga in the squirrel woods , though I mostly use a 22 for squirrels.

Taking a deer with some T size TSS also sounds intriguing .

Mike