28 Nosler or 300PRC

rageslinger

Four Pointer
Thinking about building a 28 nosler or 300PRC. Looking for any feedback on either caliber. I am really intrigued by the 28 nosler for some reason.

I would go with the 300 PRC. While I have no experience with either round. Everything that I have read says the 28 Nosler has horrible barrel life. I understand that barrels are considered to be a wear and tear item, but from the available information the 28 Nosler is well below the round count on other carthridges.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
What are you wanting to use it for? I think for a hunting scenario where you may not have time to range and need a flat shooting rifle, 28 Nosler would be my pick. It has more recoil and shorter barrel life, but if you’re only shooting a couple boxes a year for practice and hunting that isn’t as big of an issue. 300PRC seems like more of a competition round and while I’m sure it would preform well on game I don’t think it offers much advantage over a 300Win Mag, but if you’re wanting to get into PRS or something similar with this setup than 300PRC would get my nod over 28Nosler.

Wirehead

Eight Pointer
I am a really big fan of the 284s. They seem, to me, to be in the sweet spot of BC and velocity for NA big game. The 28N is flat out smoking and I would suspect your could get a 130 hammer hunter bullet >3800 fps 😮