25 Nov,,,,

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I've been seeing a ton of turkeys this week. I saw over 30 on Monday. It's funny how they disappear come April.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It's funny how they disappear come April.

not these,,,we have enough land controlled there to keep up with them all year long,,,

now getting them suckers killed in the spring is another thing,,,these Pee Dee river bottom birds are aggravating!!

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
The last couple of years we have completely been overrun with turkeys. We have a decent sized tract that never really gets turkey hunted. I should have killed some, but I can't remember the last time I've been. I'm always busy during the Spring.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The last couple of years we have completely been overrun with turkeys. We have a decent sized tract that never really gets turkey hunted. I should have killed some, but I can't remember the last time I've been. I'm always busy during the Spring.

I can help with that,,,,have some folks that need to do some turkey learning,,,,I won't kill a one,,,but have new folks

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I “know a guy”😂

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
...one of my favorite areas to hunt just because of the challenge! My buddy got one the 2nd year

Last edited:

JD1107

That is some awful purty pics to me hope its like that in lot more places
There’s no shortage of birds in this area from what I’ve seen this fall. Past few weeks while duck hunting I’ve seen and heard a lot. Pretty sure in that first pic with the toms strutting there’s a double beard in there. Hard to tell but that front bird that has a paint brush looking beard has something above it as well. Can’t wait till spring to find out.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
There’s no shortage of birds in this area from what I’ve seen this fall. Past few weeks while duck hunting I’ve seen and heard a lot. Pretty sure in that first pic with the toms strutting there’s a double beard in there. Hard to tell but that front bird that has a paint brush looking beard has something above it as well. Can’t wait till spring to find out.
Look forward to seeing pics should be awful loud come mid late march

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
Chatham...
272238853d42cf2eb672f4f32da8b501.jpg

7d45cd618a5a56d1d6fc1772ed24d429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I've seen a few moseying around on Hyco and Caswell GLs this fall. No idea where they'll be in the spring, but I'll be looking.