25 Creedmoor

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
What makes it the difference worth it?
Smaller, quieter and lighter. I have run the hybrid 46 since it first came out on everything in the safe and it really shines on the smokeless muzzleloader. I just got the Evo about 4 months ago and it's really nice on a hunting rig with it being shorter and lighter.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Smaller, quieter and lighter. I have run the hybrid 46 since it first came out on everything in the safe and it really shines on the smokeless muzzleloader. I just got the Evo about 4 months ago and it's really nice on a hunting rig with it being shorter and lighter.
I'm still trying to figure out if the bang is worth the buck. So far, I'm leaning towards no. I still have to wear ear protection to shoot and hunt.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I still wear it at the range but not hunting. Recoil reduction alone is worth it for my young kids though. We live in a muzzleloader only zone and the suppressor is 10x better than a break.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I still wear it at the range but not hunting. Recoil reduction alone is worth it for my young kids though. We live in a muzzleloader only zone and the suppressor is 10x better than a break.
That is interesting.... Everything I've tried it on kicks harder with suppressor versus brake... Definitely noticeable on my .300 Win Mag.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That is interesting.... Everything I've tried it on kicks harder with suppressor versus brake... Definitely noticeable on my .300 Win Mag.
Sounds crazy but I have the harvester break end cap on my hybrid. Slightly louder than standard end cap but additional recoil reduction. My 8 year old can send a 250 grain 45 cal down range at 2600 fps out of a 9.5 lb gun.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds crazy but I have the harvester break end cap on my hybrid. Slightly louder than standard end cap but additional recoil reduction. My 8 year old can send a 250 grain 45 cal down range at 2600 fps out of a 9.5 lb gun.
It's $92.00. Maybe I'll try it? The web site says noise reduction would only be an additional 2 db's. That isn't jack squat.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
A dedicated 30 cal can will be significantly quieter than your hybrid with the 46 end cap. A world of difference. I have both, shoot with both. Have breaks…. They reduce recoil better, but man the noise and blast…. The break end cap works, but not as well as a real break. Having shot them both, I stick with the suppressor with or without the break end cap. But I promise you, a harvester Evo, omega, dead air nomad, etc. will all be night and day difference to your hybrid with the 46 cap. A 30 cal cap will make a big difference. Or it does to my ears.