243 reloading

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
In my ever dynamic world of consolidation, I was thinking about another shift & purge.

Curios if anyone uses H4350 or H322 or Varget for the 243 winchester, and how their results are.

The premise here is that I am thinking of getting rid of my 6mm Rem in favor of a(nother) 30-30, and I am flush with 4350 and 322. Dad has the 243, and I just want to be able to reload for him if he ever uses his supply of factory ammo...

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
In my ever dynamic world of consolidation, I was thinking about another shift & purge.

Curios if anyone uses H4350 or H322 or Varget for the 243 winchester, and how their results are.

The premise here is that I am thinking of getting rid of my 6mm Rem in favor of a(nother) 30-30, and I am flush with 4350 and 322. Dad has the 243, and I just want to be able to reload for him if he ever uses his supply of factory ammo...

Ok , in looking back I've always had the best luck using H4350 , tried a couple others but never got as good results.

If your dad's rifle likes it , I'd hang onto the 4350 you have. Not never know when components will go from scarce to non-existent any more.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
I've got some .243 loaded with H4350 and 100gn sierra's to do ladder tests with, but unfortunately don't have any results yet.
I plan to start in January when deer season goes out.