2023 Fresh Water Catch

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Caught some more spots yesterday. The GF and I won a NWTF blow up paddle board a while back and she broke it in yesterday. She caught 3 spots from it, which was very impressive. We fried em up for lunch today.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.jpeg
    IMG_1979.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1961.jpeg
    IMG_1961.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1960.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 73

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
IMG_5153.pngIMG_5148.jpegIMG_5150.jpeg

Got out for a little while this evening with the little bass slayer and he helped me land a biggin. 7.26 on the rapala scale. Caught a dozen or so bass and found a big school of crappie for little man and I would hook them and he would reel them in and boat flip them.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
058587E4-0F25-4673-95BF-1E42C2439454.jpeg

The little man had the best fishing trip of his young life thusfar! Put the boat in the water at 1:45pm and fished 5 hours and we boated over 40. Most came on topwater. He had a hand in winding in a lot of them. He had the time of his life! Caught a couple 4+ pounders and lost a giant right at the boat while trying to help him land him. One of those days I won’t soon forget!

Last edited:

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
View attachment 116641

The little man had the best fishing trip of his young life thusfar! Put the boat in the water at 1:45pm and fished 5 hours and we boated over 40. Most came on topwater. He had a hand in winding in a lot of them. He had the time of his life! Caught a couple 4+ pounders and lost a giant right at the boat while trying to help him land him. One of those days I won’t soon forget!
I motion @Duckmauler dhc changes user name to BassHauler D.A.D. can I get a second?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I motion @Duckmauler dhc changes user name to BassHauler D.A.D. can I get a second?
His catches are remarkable
I have been around bass fishing for a long time and have heard of and seen bass catchers. He has no equal in the Piedmont right now.
What we see from him is beyond most fisherman’s comprehension. Enjoy your exposure to truly exceptional fish catches.
You won’t see it duplicated anywhere else.
Think 140 deer every outing or 25 lb turkeys at will. That’s what he throws up weekly while guiding a son or Dad.
On public easy access lakes.
Amazing stuff

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
His catches are remarkable
I have been around bass fishing for a long time and have heard of and seen bass catchers. He has no equal in the Piedmont right now.
What we see from him is beyond most fisherman’s comprehension. Enjoy your exposure to truly exceptional fish catches.
You won’t see it duplicated anywhere else.
Think 140 deer every outing or 25 lb turkeys at will. That’s what he throws up weekly while guiding a son or Dad.
On public easy access lakes.
Amazing stuff
Appreciate the compliment. Same can be said about you with the turkeys.

I’m sure there are many that are much better than me. I am fortunate enough to have a lot of lakes within 45-90 minute drive or less from where I live and I try to visit all of them. Spent a lot of time learning different fisheries and how they all set up different times of the year. I just go put the boat in the water and fish by instinct. I also get to go during the week. It’s a different game on the weekends. I would not have the same success in tournaments and weekend fishing.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Appreciate the compliment. Same can be said about you with the turkeys.

I’m sure there are many that are much better than me. I am fortunate enough to have a lot of lakes within 45-90 minute drive or less from where I live and I try to visit all of them. Spent a lot of time learning different fisheries and how they all set up different times of the year. I just go put the boat in the water and fish by instinct. I also get to go during the week. It’s a different game on the weekends. I would not have the same success in tournaments and weekend fishing.
well you have figured out which lakes to fish. Most miss that and rush to the bigger lakes big mistake if your goal is to catch big and numerous bass.
I caught thirty and had a six lber yesteday and it was a function of mid week have the lake to yourself experience.
But you still have to catch them with all those advantage and your catch rate is outstanding.
I know -fish with the tourney boys- and they are limited by that fishing style. They dont catch them (on purpose in practice) and cant catch them at the rate you do because of the places they "have to go".
They'll struggle to catch all day what you'll have in a couple of hrs.
But youre right - they will take your money when the flag drops because it is a different game/different field they are playing.
That's what makes fishing so much fun- many ways to enjoy it.
From your pics- I 'de say not too many people enjoy it more than you and your immediate family. :)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
well you have figured out which lakes to fish. Most miss that and rush to the bigger lakes big mistake if your goal is to catch big and numerous bass.
I caught thirty and had a six lber yesteday and it was a function of mid week have the lake to yourself experience.
But you still have to catch them with all those advantage and your catch rate is outstanding.
I know -fish with the tourney boys- and they are limited by that fishing style. They dont catch them (on purpose in practice) and cant catch them at the rate you do because of the places they "have to go".
They'll struggle to catch all day what you'll have in a couple of hrs.
But youre right - they will take your money when the flag drops because it is a different game/different field they are playing.
That's what makes fishing so much fun- many ways to enjoy it.
From your pics- I 'de say not too many people enjoy it more than you and your immediate family. :)
I like like going to the big lakes…..since having the little boy just limited to where we can go in limited time. I go a lot of places that get a lot of pressure though. I am thankful that we have gotten back to pre Covid numbers though especially for during the week fishing. Catching fish and having silence on the lake is much more important to me than the tournament deal. If anyone loves to fish more than me I don’t think I’ve met them 😂

Fishing is a lot different from what it was 15-20 years ago…..doesn’t matter where you go these days…..you better have some knowledge of what you’re doing and where you’re going to have really good days. The days of going down the bank dragging a texas rig and catching a lot of fish doesn’t happen much any more.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Heck yeah! Stack em up! Bubble gum pink worms were the ticket. I’ll be up in Cherokee next weekend for the Memorial Day tournament and then hopefully Wilson’s creek for the DH opener
I might know what your using😂 good luck in Cherokee

Attachments

• 0521230938.jpg
    0521230938.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 9

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
This is why I do a lot of what I do. She is my driving force when it comes to deer hunting and panfishing. She loves both. Not the biggest but she was real happy with this little mess of shellcrakcer. We had a: 1 lb 10 oz, 1 lb 8 oz, 1 lb 3oz, 1lb and a few 14 ozers. Enough for a good fish fry.

Attachments

• Grandma'sshellcraker.JPG
    Grandma'sshellcraker.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 41
  • shellcracker.jpg
    shellcracker.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 41

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is why I do a lot of what I do. She is my driving force when it comes to deer hunting and panfishing. She loves both. Not the biggest but she was real happy with this little mess of shellcrakcer. We had a: 1 lb 10 oz, 1 lb 8 oz, 1 lb 3oz, 1lb and a few 14 ozers. Enough for a good fish fry.
If I had 4 over a pound, I would be tickled to death.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
That's awesome!

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Heck yeah. If I remember correctly, you’ve posted some good pics and stories about deer she’s killed and/or deer you’ve killed together?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Me and kid had blast today on creek caught our limits she hadn't got go in good while showed the ol man up, limited out before me actually. Was even little chilly early perfect spring day laurel bloomed out good. Made her new little friend she got tickled cause crawdads kept pinching the fish. That bottom bow was 16.

Attachments

• IMG_20230522_162747.jpg
    IMG_20230522_162747.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20230522_131258.jpg
    IMG_20230522_131258.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20230522_131419.jpg
    IMG_20230522_131419.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 51

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Better than me.

One brown trout today on a Pautzke? brand pink worm

Didn't help a blue heron was trying to eat some trout too

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Better than me.

One brown trout today on a Pautzke? brand pink worm

Didn't help a blue heron was trying to eat some trout too
Cane creek? Just my 2 cents but I don't like his stuff seems gets hyped on the tube but just never cared for it better luck with Berkley of course I might just not be doing it right

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Me and kid had blast today on creek caught our limits she hadn't got go in good while showed the ol man up, limited out before me actually. Was even little chilly early perfect spring day laurel bloomed out good. Made her new little friend she got tickled cause crawdads kept pinching the fish. That bottom bow was 16.

Good on ya'll, buddy ! Glad ya'll had a day to remember together ! 👍👍

Critcher

Four Pointer
Took the nephew and my old man this weekend, was fortunate enough to put my nephew on his first of few trout he caught, we are blessed.B81B51AE-D5BE-40B3-B2DB-49E72FF566AD.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F9A6313-D7D6-4D19-A109-E58A76DB1A6F.jpeg
    4F9A6313-D7D6-4D19-A109-E58A76DB1A6F.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 60F27103-B93D-4B60-82CF-FA014786168F.jpeg
    60F27103-B93D-4B60-82CF-FA014786168F.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 58700E2B-A4D5-4E7E-AB32-55DEBB8E16E5.jpeg
    58700E2B-A4D5-4E7E-AB32-55DEBB8E16E5.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 19