2022 Fresh Water Catch Thread

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
A622C458-706F-45C1-B5E1-C66EB6B1CB0F.jpegEDD71CA0-9C67-4DDC-AA3B-FD09AAD9F8DA.jpeg87DD5E87-9809-4F23-B090-4DF042492873.jpeg

Another afternoon of fun with the little guy. I wish my wife looked at me the way the he looks at a bass 😂

Managed 13 on the afternoon and lost a real big one. Caught 1 over 4 and and 3 more in the 3 lb range. I hope these cooler nights make this shallow cranking bite turn on even more. Can’t wait to go again next week.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator

JWH15

Six Pointer

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
your pics prove it doesn't monsoon everyday in the piedmont...

We have gone 12 days without rain and it has been wonderful…..some places get more than others but where from Kernersville to Graham it rains wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than anywhere else. Also, the two lakes I’ve been to this week have several other lakes around them that are flooded but they are only drawing drinking water from these particular lakes so they are slightly low which is why I went there to begin with.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I wish my wife looked at me the way she looks at a trout 😑

Also I motion your user name be changed to BassMauler, and some years down the road your son will have to be BassMaulerJr. I was gonna suggest BM2, kinda like @QBD2 …but BM2 is like a double entendre of turd synonyms
He will probably be teaching me how to fish soon. He was trying to drive the boat yesterday. The whole time we were out there he had one of my poles in his hand trying to dip the bait in the water and mimicking whatever I was doing. I never thought he would be able to tolerate 4 hour fishing trips on the boat at 12-14 months let alone enjoy it. I think it's his most favorite thing, at least for the time being. I know at some point he may not be as enthusiastic about going as I am but I'm going to enjoy this time while it lasts. I'm just happy that he's a happy kid, content with pretty much any activity and that I'm not stuck in the house.

JWH15

Six Pointer
He will probably be teaching me how to fish soon. He was trying to drive the boat yesterday. The whole time we were out there he had one of my poles in his hand trying to dip the bait in the water and mimicking whatever I was doing. I never thought he would be able to tolerate 4 hour fishing trips on the boat at 12-14 months let alone enjoy it. I think it's his most favorite thing, at least for the time being. I know at some point he may not be as enthusiastic about going as I am but I'm going to enjoy this time while it lasts. I'm just happy that he's a happy kid, content with pretty much any activity and that I'm not stuck in the house.
My 16 month old can't sit still for 2 seconds. We took him back in August for his first trip on the boat and my wife had to hold him like a straight jacket the whole time to keep him from jumping overboard :ROFLMAO: . He did like the bass I caught, so hopefully when he's older he will be begging to go.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
My 16 month old can't sit still for 2 seconds. We took him back in August for his first trip on the boat and my wife had to hold him like a straight jacket the whole time to keep him from jumping overboard :ROFLMAO: . He did like the bass I caught, so hopefully when he's older he will be begging to go.

Mine may not be as well behaved by the 16 month mark. I am just grateful that he behaves so well up to this point. He goes all over the boat but nothing that would be dangerous or anything…..he just likes to play with the poles and will go from one to another. He likes to push buttons on the depth finder as well. It’s also easy when I took him in my 12 foot jon boat because I have him in arms length but I’ve taken him out in the bass boat as well recently and he did really well with that. Just in the fun exploring stage. If I could keep him in this stage for the next 18 years that would be awesome lol

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
That’s really cool man you’re doing him a greater service than you might realize.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
9C8DF629-1022-4065-BADE-A4C86E87F7C6.jpegE908DEAA-EEA7-49F9-8A3C-A9C638C22440.jpegA8B5796C-496E-48C1-8430-486D1EA28F20.jpeg002ACE1B-2687-4267-86AA-0A33BA69DF9D.jpeg

We busted their butts this afternoon. It got so good the little guy needed a nap. Caught a 5.6 pounder on my last cast. Really hoping the rain doesn’t do what they say it will this weekend but regardless the last two weeks of dry weather have made for phenomenal fishing conditions.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
CCCFDB56-8F08-432E-A222-CE0A73FD685D.jpeg9140D77C-5CF1-468C-941B-5BE8F03CA1F8.jpeg5CDB5BF4-2AEC-4C7E-9DE1-EEA2F0272652.jpeg68A5CDDB-79DC-4263-AEED-E51236C039C1.jpeg

Had my dad in the tin boat yesterday and we put 15 in the boat. I always think they will gorge themselves before a tropical system but every time I’ve ever fished just ahead of one or during one it has never been a great bite. But we caught some nice fish and lost a couple big ones. Hoping that the lakes all settle back down asap after the floods. It was a fun couple weeks of fishing some lower water conditions. They will have plenty of hiding places now.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
CB3E4B7B-4504-41C5-9347-B20DDDE349C3.jpegEF3816B1-C73E-4CB7-A1BA-9997C678531A.jpegBB5BA482-5A41-4095-B724-7ECDB05EEF39.jpegC464524C-EE6E-48D0-8DBE-1BB29563FD4B.jpeg

Spent the weekend at one of my most favorite place on planet earth. Lake hartwell. It was a family trip so I didn’t get to fish much but the fishing was awesome in my limited time.

Last edited:

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
86047138-58E4-4310-918B-E7D736AEFDB3.jpeg

It was an awesome day. Water temp dropped 10 degrees so didn’t catch as many but they were all good ones. Caught an 8.11 and a 7.14. This is what happens in the fall when we have low water conditions.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
@Duckmauler dhc - dont you feel a little guilty taking advantage of those poor ole bass hemmd in by those low water levels- trying to get a bite to eat before winter. :)
Great catch and pics. It looks great for awhile to continue your success.
How many did you catch around that bridge? That has to be a magnet right now.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
@Duckmauler dhc - dont you feel a little guilty taking advantage of those poor ole bass hemmd in by those low water levels- trying to get a bite to eat before winter. :)
Great catch and pics. It looks great for awhile to continue your success.
How many did you catch around that bridge? That has to be a magnet right now.

I do feel a little bad. All the others are sitting in tree stands leaving the lake to just me and my son. I sure hope it stays dry. Since Labor Day the fishing has been like classic fall fishing.

It’s a bridge in the back of a creek and there were fish busting Shad all around it. I caught 10 or 11 around it cranking then I either caught most of them or they got educated. Then moved on and would catch 2 or 3 off every rocky point or corner I could find with shade on it or a little breeze.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I do feel a little bad. All the others are sitting in tree stands leaving the lake to just me and my son. I sure hope it stays dry. Since Labor Day the fishing has been like classic fall fishing.

It’s a bridge in the back of a creek and there were fish busting Shad all around it. I caught 10 or 11 around it cranking then I either caught most of them or they got educated. Then moved on and would catch 2 or 3 off every rocky point or corner I could find with shade on it or a little breeze.
When I saw the water mark on the bridge I knew you were around them. Keep it up.
I have wasted several prime days hunting. That needs to change once the orange army arrives.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
When I saw the water mark on the bridge I knew you were around them. Keep it up.
I have wasted several prime days hunting. That needs to change once the orange army arrives.

When I had places to deer hunt it was hard to choose this time of the year because it’s prime time for both. I just spent too many cloudy breezy days in the woods wishing I was on the water somewhere cranking and winding something around.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
814091B4-CBAD-4EB6-9983-1C98D28D0C16.jpeg9850AFA6-9912-44F6-824B-44931D4549B0.jpegB33B7417-8DDF-4887-95CB-640F5C97A12D.jpegCC808C66-65C3-4692-BA59-A45CE1FC28B1.jpeg

Lord what a day. The moody cloudy skies and northeast wind had the big ones chomping today. Put 30+ in the boat. Caught a 7 pounder and a couple 5 pounders and a bunch of 3-4 pounders. Lost 3 that were well over 5 as well. Had the lake to myself today and it was nice and quiet.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No giants today but lost count of how many we caught! The little man finally started walking about a week ago so he is wild with a rod and reel now 😂 View attachment 102893View attachment 102894
Ok just a quick question. Are they hiring where you work. I mean I need that kind of free time. Maybe your a kept man but your fishing time and skills are off the chain. Salute

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Ok just a quick question. Are they hiring where you work. I mean I need that kind of free time. Maybe your a kept man but your fishing time and skills are off the chain. Salute

Haha thanks. One of the perks of working long 12-13 hr shifts is having 4 days off every week. I fish on Tuesday with the little man and usually take my dad on Thursday’s and occasionally squeeze another trip in somewhere but it’s usually 2 days a week that i get to go.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Haha thanks. One of the perks of working long 12-13 hr shifts is having 4 days off every week. I fish on Tuesday with the little man and usually take my dad on Thursday’s and occasionally squeeze another trip in somewhere but it’s usually 2 days a week that i get to go.
Those sched are a nice gig. I do 2 12s and a 8 each week 4 off and been there forever so lots PTO time I only work 7 days this month. Only complaint is didn't have these kind sched in my younger days

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Those sched are a nice gig. I do 2 12s and a 8 each week 4 off and been there forever so lots PTO time I only work 7 days this month. Only complaint is didn't have these kind sched in my younger days

I agree. I haven’t had to work 5 days per week in over a decade…..and I could never imagine doing it again