2022 Fresh Water Catch Thread

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Times 2 on the popping bug on a bream buster.....too much fun....i do keep a flyrod in the boat with a poppin bug for the really hot days when the bass arent hungry

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
You have no excuses thirty degree nights on the way. Nice ones

The 81 degree day today with the sunshine might make a few jump up there and do their thing but hopefully the 50 degree days will keep a huge wave from spawning. If I could just get one more cool cloudy breezy day with a high percentage of fish still prespawn……

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The 81 degree day today with the sunshine might make a few jump up there and do their thing but hopefully the 50 degree days will keep a huge wave from spawning. If I could just get one more cool cloudy breezy day with a high percentage of fish still prespawn……
let me know when and where I need to be

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
What’s your weather looking like there for Friday/Saturday? Gonna be colder and cloudy here for sure

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Had a slow evening Wednesday. Caught one keeper trout and multiple horny heads, one of which was only about 9” long but as fat as a soda can. Dude was eating good apparently.

last night I fished one of my favorite smaller creeks. Between 5 and 6 I caught two trout and couldn’t get another bite out of several different areas. Came back to the second spot I fished and caught another 4 between 8 and 9. 5 Smaller and average fish, one above average, and lost an absolute brute a few feet from the bank. The creek was only bout 8” deep after a heavy rain. Line stopped dead in the water and I figured I was snagged under a rock. Whipped my rod back and the biggin come up outta the water. Hook wasn’t set and the fish came off as I reeled. Still got fish for the freezer tho. Also, for the first time in my life I reeled in and landed a round river rock lol. The line wrapped around it one time and the hook attached to the line. It was pitch black at this point and I was pretty surprised to turn my light on and see a stone and not a fish lol. Couldn’t do that again if ya paid me

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had a slow evening Wednesday. Caught one keeper trout and multiple horny heads, one of which was only about 9” long but as fat as a soda can. Dude was eating good apparently.

last night I fished one of my favorite smaller creeks. Between 5 and 6 I caught two trout and couldn’t get another bite out of several different areas. Came back to the second spot I fished and caught another 4 between 8 and 9. 5 Smaller and average fish, one above average, and lost an absolute brute a few feet from the bank. The creek was only bout 8” deep after a heavy rain. Line stopped dead in the water and I figured I was snagged under a rock. Whipped my rod back and the biggin come up outta the water. Hook wasn’t set and the fish came off as I reeled. Still got fish for the freezer tho. Also, for the first time in my life I reeled in and landed a round river rock lol. The line wrapped around it one time and the hook attached to the line. It was pitch black at this point and I was pretty surprised to turn my light on and see a stone and not a fish lol. Couldn’t do that again if ya paid me
That’s good…. Nobody would pay your sorry ass for a damn rock nohow

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Took a walk at the new Wildwood park in Greenville today. Not much going on but did manage a few Crappie. 2 nice ones and a drink.
berkley twist tail with tiny jig.
Very accessible. Lots of places to bank fish. Kayak next time
20220408_141304.jpg20220408_140313.jpg