2020 shed hunting

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Just wondering if anyone has been out looking for sheds yet? I know it's still a little early but had a matching small set that must have fell within the past day or two. Also while walking a creek bottom picked up a dead head. Antlers were laying below a gravity feeder behind the house.20200220_123208.jpg

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Haven’t started yet. However, planning on heading out Sat... then every weekend until April.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I figure the first week of March nearly all will be dropped. Years ago I started in February, walked a lot of miles and then my brother saw a nice 8 point still holding- that was Valentines Day. Since then I never look till March.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
That's what I love about turkey season, seems like every time I go out on this specific property I hunt I always have luck picking up a shed or two.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
My buddy saw a really nice 8 pointer, still holding both sides yesterday and chasing a doe.

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
Seen three decent 8pts last night that were still holding and a really big bodied deer with them that was not.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Just read in my news feed where shed hunting is regulated in some states. I guess I should not be surprised.

Shamrock7326

Four Pointer
Took my 6 yo out yesterday. had a blast but no sheds, going to hit up my property again myself today. Good luck to you guys who are going today.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Just read in my news feed where shed hunting is regulated in some states. I guess I should not be surprised.
It's regulated in many western states due to the extreme pressure it puts on wintering elk/deer herds. The wildlife managers want to keep the pressure off those animals as much as possible due stressful winter months. Mule deer and elk herd up in winter months and if everybody and their brother is out there looking sheds and bumping all the pregnant cows/does and stressing the already rutted down bulls, it decreases their survival chances.

evansperf

Eight Pointer
My one year old lab has brought me three sheds so far from around the house but none match and I did see a giant 8 two days ago and was still holding both sides

Shamrock7326

Four Pointer
Nice sheds. Nothing as of yet....well aside from the beauty I found on last day of the season. My 6 yo daughter is loving the shed hunts. Good daddy daughter time.

bb1970

Six Pointer
My 5 yo has been sick for over a week now first the flu then an ear infection today was my day to stay home with him he was feeling some better this afternoon so we drove to a local feed store to get a couple bags of corn for the deer that we feed around the house and on the way back home he spotted this in the grass along the drive ..... he’s feeling much better now !

Attachments

• 29CE42BD-AD95-4EC5-88B5-B2C2BC10BA53.jpeg
    29CE42BD-AD95-4EC5-88B5-B2C2BC10BA53.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 126