Sand bags rest
Winchester .22lr HP bulk

1e951573f736c27738f26e884f009356.jpg
0ea30df688648d28287318a9eed68ea6.jpg
a3d4aff3ecd6ca55a84a22993be788de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
If I can get it in tomorrow before it rains I'll shoot Barney and post it up.

Space gun or hunting gun?
I hope .22lr post some targets with his collection. I refuse to shoot until I get a scope with a parallax that adjust down to 25yds
You know.. see what the rifle is capable of not me. [emoji23]
Then on going down the what ammo shoots the best worm hole.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Nothing special. A CZ 452 American, Weaver 6x24 AO and I have replaced the trigger spring with a Fastnal 59a.
After you get your scope changed out you will probably want to go to some SV rounds like CCI SV or SK Standard +. They should do a little better than the HV rounds.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Got this target off of another local forum and tried it today. First time I have shot for score at 50 yds. I usually shoot the Green Monster at 25 yds. so had to adjust the scope and it took 2 targets to settle down.
CZ 452 American
Weaver 6x24x40 AO
Bags front and rear
SK STD +
Score 19/21
100_1038.jpg

I'm gonna try to slay Barney tomorrow if it isn't too wet.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I shot my Rem 581-S today @ 25 yards and did pretty well. I shot one of the ARA targets using Rem subsonics, CCI SV and Agulia rifle match. The Rem subs shot fair, the CCI better and the Agulia shot the best. Some of the groups could be easily covered with a dime. I definitely need a better scope on this rifle. It is wearing a Simmons 3-9x32 22 Mag scope.

<>< Fish

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Got this target off of another local forum and tried it today. First time I have shot for score at 50 yds. I usually shoot the Green Monster at 25 yds. so had to adjust the scope and it took 2 targets to settle down.
CZ 452 American
Weaver 6x24x40 AO
Bags front and rear
SK STD +
Score 19/21
View attachment 40829

I'm gonna try to slay Barney tomorrow if it isn't too wet.

Where are you getting the Barney targets? Rimfire Central?

Ever shoot the battleship game targets?

<>< Fish

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Yes. Barney came from the Class II scoped class on RFC. It actually looks a little big for 25 yds. to me but I haven't printed one off to actually see. The one I posted is from the fun shoot on CFF. It is a 1/2 in dot at 50 yds. I remember you talking about the battleship target but got involved with the CZ matches shooting the Green Monster and am just now drifting out. The CZ match season doesn't start till March so just playing till that starts back up.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
99a98244470a1be2b9e74d20035fe1ba.jpg
f3e7c0431d13c922f7997bed5284591a.jpg

Finally shot my Frankenstein 10/22 today.

It’s all factory parts, but from about 7 different factory rifles...LOL!!!

Figured I’d see what I could do on the Barney target.

I’m a little bit disappointed in myself, I thought I would shoot better than that. I might try again another day when I’m not rushing around.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
99a98244470a1be2b9e74d20035fe1ba.jpg
f3e7c0431d13c922f7997bed5284591a.jpg

Finally shot my Frankenstein 10/22 today.

It’s all factory parts, but from about 7 different factory rifles...LOL!!!

Figured I’d see what I could do on the Barney target.

I’m a little bit disappointed in myself, I thought I would shoot better than that. I might try again another day when I’m not rushing around.

Off hand, iron sights. Factory gun. I’d say that is damn fantastic shooting. I really hope the ammo I was using was the problem. Hah

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dang good shooting!! Even more so open sights and no rest....WOW!! Wish I could see the sights good enough to even try, scopes for me. I was fixin' to order an aftermarket barrel but I'm gonna shoot as is now that I see what you did.

Last edited:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dang good shooting!! Even more so open sights and no rest....WOW!! Wish I could see the sights good enough to even try, scopes for me. I was fixin' to order an aftermarket barrel but I'm gonna shoot as is now that I see what you did.

I’m gonna try some Eley SV in this one soon. I’ve got a couple other 10/22’s that will shoot bullet holes with it.

That cheap CCI SV may be part of the problem. My expectations may be too high for $15 a brick ammo.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Off hand, iron sights. Factory gun. I’d say that is damn fantastic shooting. I really hope the ammo I was using was the problem. Hah

If I wasn’t so far away from you I’d give you a couple boxes of that CCI SV to try. It’s cheap, and it shoots ok, but not quite as good as I was hoping for.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
PC, that's some fine shooting given those parameters. My iron days are long gone. LOL. I did shoot Barney today while I was getting the scope dialed back from shooting at 50. Nothing great but it scores. I did get a good hit on the skull.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
It shoots good in the 452 but not so good in the 455. It is a better ammo, quality control wise than CCI SV which I shoot in my plinking guns but it is the low end of the better ammo. I've still got 4 boxes of TenX that I was given for Christmas 2 years ago. I just have a real problem shooting stuff that costs $20+ for 50 rounds.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It shoots good in the 452 but not so good in the 455. It is a better ammo, quality control wise than CCI SV which I shoot in my plinking guns but it is the low end of the better ammo. I've still got 4 boxes of TenX that I was given for Christmas 2 years ago. I just have a real problem shooting stuff that costs $20+ for 50 rounds.

I can understand that! I’ve got several bricks of Eley SV tucked away. I’m going to break down and run some through that 10/22 and see what it can do with better ammo

Midway has the Eley Tenex on sale right
now.

They actually have all their Eley rimfire ammo on sale.

Last edited:

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I understand that, my eyes are bad also. Open sights are out for me.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
PC...... that stuff is too rich for my pockets. During the warm months I usually shoot at least 2 bricks a month and company will usually go through half a brick. That's over a case a year so doubling my costs to shoot Tenex is a little out of my league. LOL. I'll probably get a couple boxes of Eley low end to have something to run down the barrel and get the right lube in it and eventually shoot the Tenex I have but I don't see any more in my future. Most of the time I'm not quite up to the SK capabilities.