2019 National Trappers Association Convention

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Truck is mostly packed to head west again.

The NTA as we call it is July 11-13 at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds in Springfield, MO. It is a fer piece but there will be some folks from NC in attendance. The convention is also the annual meeting of the Board of Directors of the NTA. My traveling companion represents NC on the NTA Board and those meetings start on Tuesday so we have to get there early for those meetings. We will also set up a booth similar to what we do at the DDC.

Lots of vendors, great lineup of demos and more tailgaters that you can imagine. If it is trapping related, you can find it there. I have been to several and always look forward to the next one.

For more info:

NTA National Convention

Convention Program

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Rolled into Springfield yesterday evening around 7:00. Had a good trip and saw some new to me country side in western KY. extreme southern IL and Missery. Saw the confluence of the Ohio and the mighty Mississippi where KY, IL and MO come together. That was an impressive sight to behold. Lots and lots of water and barges galore on both rivers. I was driving and did not get any pictures. We were not on an interstate and the bridges were very much old school. Cool experience!

Plan to go back the same way and will try to take some pics but some things can not be captured well with phone cameras.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Sounds like another great trip already. Don't fall off one of those bridges. We won't fine you till New Orleans.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had a good first day! I thought we had good traffic by the booth and I enjoyed renewing acquaintances and meeting new folks. Excited about the remainder of the convention. Here is our booth set up this morning about the time the doors opened.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Here is a few.....hope it will whet your appetite to come to the NC Convention in September.

This was carved out of a block of wood and donated to the NTA auction by a chainsaw carver artist that was at the show. Incredible detail!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
That looks like a great event. Remember who the guy was with all the fur jackets and vests?
Glad you made it back.