2019/20 ACC Basketball

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
He most certainly does. Anyone with a brain could have watched that game and saw a different tempo, more balance and no longer being one dimensional on offense like they have the last 7 weeks. Sure they lost but it’s not Cole’s fault that they shot 36% from the field. As a team UNC took 4 more shots against BC in a loss than they took against State in a win. Cole was presenting many more opportunities, they just didn’t capitalize.

Curious, still trending that UNC is better with Cole?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Curious, still trending that UNC is better with Cole?

They are statistically better with Cole but this team’s spirit is broken, no doubt. I’m curious though, why are you still calling me out? Your boys lost to this awful team!

Last edited:

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I know..Ugh
I agree college ball is down this year. Baylor looks right now to be the best team. In the ACC Louisville Duke and FSU are the top three, but none of these three teams are unbeatable.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the VA ND game was the best one i could find last night. Va hanging around trying to get back to the NCAAs.
Gonna be hard to keep the defending NC out.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Do not refer to opposing teams via derogatory names. Why is this entire concept so hard for some folks to grasp.

In his defense, that moniker is commonly used and is universally accepted for what it is without question in lots of areas I frequent. This site is the only one I'm aware of that is "restricted". So unless you are a regular here, it is an easy mistake to make.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
They are statistically better with Cole but this team’s spirit is broken, no doubt. I’m curious though, why are you still calling me out? Your boys lost to this awful team!

They are 0-4 since his return. What stats are you referring to?

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
And they were 3 and whatever without him playing a considerably weaker schedule.

PPG, APG, offensive efficiency, etc are all better with Cole Anthony.

Interesting.

Without Cole Anthony

PPG - 74.0
APG - 16.1
FG% - 43.0%
3PT FG% - 32.0%

With Cole Anthony

PPG - 69.0
APG - 12.9
FG% - 39.0%
3PT FG% - 25.0%

He's the only Point Guard in the ACC that averages more turnovers than assists.

Are we watching the same basketball?

country

Ten Pointer
Georgia Tech took out Louisville last night. Big surprise.

Duke now tied with Louisville for 1st place in conference

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
State always seems to play Duke tough in Raleigh. As GT just proved, losses can come from anyone on any given night.
well i was in attendance a couple of years ago in durham when state "played duke tough" :p dennis rolled em up that night.

I will be there again this year to see if duke can hold court against state.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Wonder how many points unc can score on VA saturday? That slow pace combined with their poor shooting compounded by a supposedly wicked VA defense?
50 seems a stretch.

Best game of the weekend may be Sunday when State visits BC. Great chance to take a away game for State.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wonder how many points unc can score on VA saturday? That slow pace combined with their poor shooting compounded by a supposedly wicked VA defense?
50 seems a stretch.

Best game of the weekend may be Sunday when State visits BC. Great chance to take a away game for State.

I’m pretty sure, from my perspective, the UVA v UNC game will be the best. 😉

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
50 seems a stretch.

UNC scored 47 points last meeting. With their offensive effeciency lower with Cole Anthony than without, I would venture to say they score will probably be close to that again.

State has won 4 ACC road games including 2 straight this year which is tied for 3rd best in the conference behind Duke and Louisville. A winnable game for State for sure but you just never know. Would be a big win to get to 8-6 in the conference which would set up a huge week next week with Duke and FSU coming to Raleigh. Rarely sets up that way so probably state loses this Sunday in Chesnut Hill.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
UNC scored 47 points last meeting. With their offensive effeciency lower with Cole Anthony than without, I would venture to say they score will probably be close to that again.

State has won 4 ACC road games including 2 straight this year which is tied for 3rd best in the conference behind Duke and Louisville. A winnable game for State for sure but you just never know. Would be a big win to get to 8-6 in the conference which would set up a huge week next week with Duke and FSU coming to Raleigh. Rarely sets up that way so probably state loses this Sunday in Chesnut Hill.
i guess you gotta hold you nose and pull for unc tomorrow? :) It would help state's cause.