2019/20 ACC Basketball

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
NBA wont draft 18 yr olds anymore......kids have to go to college for at least 1 year....or sit a year. The NBA is looking at possibly changing that rule again in 2020, they use to take kids right out of high school/prep school in fact that didnt change until 2005 ( thus Kobe, Lebron etc ) when the 1 and done rule was implemented.
Change is coming if they'll quit dragging their feet but its coming. Id rather they treat G league like minors for these one and done and let colleges build teams

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup its just for conversation this early they'll be a team that'll be ranked and not even make tourn. I usually wait till Jan conf play to think much about it some these early matchup are good though

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
polls are fun, a talking point for those interested in the sport.
you cant possibly have "agreement" on rankings.
What fun would that be? :)

Panthera

Eight Pointer
It is too early to be number one. Anthony went 7 for 24 his second game. And Duke is better top to bottom..Just ask Kansas..

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So you think Kansas turned it over on purpose. 28 times..
i think as did the announcers that kansas was more of an issue than duke's defense. duke turning a team over 28 times and winning by a basket is not a good sign that they have a great team at this time. imo.
and you havent been here long panthera so you may not know but there are not many bigger duke fans around here than me.
i hope at the end of the year the GOAT is draped with a net but i dont see this team being capable of that,

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I can see it, he's done it with lesser teams. The reason we only won by two is the fact we shot so poorly from outside. which negates the turnover thing.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
AJ Griffin just signed for 2021! 6'6" wing, rated number 8 overall. Good shooter and a great all round player. Chose Duke over UK and Nova, and others.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I can see it, he's done it with lesser teams. The reason we only won by two is the fact we shot so poorly from outside. which negates the turnover thing.
and does that shooting poorly ring a bell? as a duke fan it should be familiar to you. It's their achilles heel on any team absent zion.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Wait. Back up. Uva won the NCAA title. Duke beat them twice. Once at their p[ace by ten. And Duke wasn't that good?